Secrets Out

---Cross' POV----

I woke up in darkness. I could feel Nightmare's warm body next to me. I was pressed into his chest, wrapped up in a weak embrace.

His chin was resting on my head, and his arms were wrapped around me loosely, along with his tentacles that hung limply over my body.

I blushed, snuggling closer to him as I ignored the slight burning building up in my arm. I remembered that Nightmare told me to wake him if I woke up in the night in pain or feeling like something wrong would happen. But he looks so peaceful right now, and it's only a slight burning in my wrist. That happens all the time.

I frowned as the burning grew stronger, making the urge to scratch it almost impossible to ignore.

Suddenly my head went funny, and my mind seemed to cloud over, corrupting my thoughts.

"N-N...Nightm-mare..." I rasped, my voice seeming dry and cracked.

He didn't respond, simply shifted a bit in his sleep.

I whimpered, squirming out of his arms as my mind clouded over, making me want to attack Nightmare for some reason. While he was asleep, while he was vulnerable. After all, he would be good to eat.

I nearly let out a screech, scrambling off of the bed as my mind kept telling me to hurt him, bite him, rip him, kill him.

"N-No! No no no no no!" I whimpered, stumbling to the door as I felt my vision go even fuzzier than before and my throat grow dry.

My legs nearly gave out beneath me as I stumbled through the door and out into the hallway.

Must find food...

I shook my head rapidly, digging my fingers into my arm as I felt the virus rush through my body, devouring all of the resistance I had.

Must kill...

I tried to call out for help, but the only thing that escaped me was a strangled snarl.

Must spread...

My knees gave way and I collapsed to the floor, writhing in pain. It felt as if countless knives were being stabbed into my skull, over and over and over.

Must find another host...

I wanted this to stop, I wanted the infection to go, I wanted to be accepted. But over all of that, I wanted Nightmare.

Must spread the virus...

And then my body stopped, and everything was so clear. All my motives were in front of me. I knew what I had to do.

---Nightmare's POV----

I woke up to the sound of a scream. And followed by that was a gunshot.

I yelped, shooting up out of bed in a panic, immediately looking around for Cross. I looked at the bed, seeing it completely empty.

Cross wasn't there.

Another gunshot rang out.

"Cross?!" I called frantically, scrambling out of my room and down the corridor to where the sound of frantic yelling could be heard.

I skidded around the corner, immediately freezing at what I saw.

Dust was bleeding on his side, panting as he pointed his gun at something I couldn't see.

Error, Killer and Horror were also there, all growling as they pointed their guns at the same thing as Dust.

I stepped forwards, a pit in my stomach forming as I saw what they were aiming at.