Fight It

---Nightmare's POV----

As soon as Cross and I locked eyes I felt a pit form in my stomach.

His eyes were completely glassy, his normally lively pupils broken and dull. His hands were covered in blood, so was the side of his hoodie, the dark seeping colour of blood visible through the dark fabric of the hoodie. Blood covered most of him, staining his clothes.

"Cross?"

He looked me up and down, blinking slowly before baring his teeth and hissing, lunging at me.

I yelped, ducking down.

A surprised screech from behind me made me whip around in time to see Cross clawing at another zombie twice his size, a crocodile-like zombie.

It lashed out at Cross, scratching him right across the chest.

Cross let out a scream of pain, thrashing beneath him desperately. For a moment, our eyes locked, and they flashed back to normal. Just for a second. But that was enough to snap me out of my trance.

With a yell of anger, I pulled out my gun and aimed it, firing immediately.

The crocodile zombie froze before going limp on top of Cross, trapping him.

I ran over, using my tentacles to shove its dead body off of Cross.

Cross stumbled to his feet, clutching his side as more blood seeped from his wounds. He was still zombified, that was clear. But he still had some sanity. And that's all we needed.

I went to grab onto him, but he hissed, stumbling back.

"Cross..." I whispered. "Come on...its me, Nightmare...remember?"

He snarled, staying back.

Another scream from Rachie rang out and I turned around to see her and Panda being completely surrounded. There was no way they'd be able to make it out alone.

I growled, glaring at Cross. "Stay here!"

He blinked, tilting his head to the side.

I risked leaving him there, running over to where my spear lay discarded to the side. I grabbed it, keeping my gun out as well as I ran towards the mob.

I whacked several zombies out of the way with the spear, shooting any others and spearing them with my tentacles at the same time.

Eventually I fought my way through to the middle where Rachie and Panda were still fighting.

"Need any help?" I called, shooting two zombies behind them.

"Oh that would be nice!" Panda yelled, rapid fire shooting a bunch of zombies. Head shots every time.

Sudden unfamiliar gunshots rang out and Rachie let out a whoop as the wall of zombies around us started collapsing, falling to the floor at our feet.

Magic and Jay stood behind them, each holding two guns.

Powered on by their appearance, we fought back, stabbing and shooting all the zombies that came close.

After about five minutes, they were all lying on the floor. Dead.

Jay and magic ran over, looks of pure concern on their faces. "Did any of you get bitten?!"

I shook my head.

"Nope." Panda said after a quick check. "We all got lucky."

Magic breathed out in relief, pocketing her guns. "Thank god, that could have been a massacre."