Hidden

❤️💜1K YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYA
Goal of 5k cuz shushsjs this book is short💜❤️

---Nightmare's POV----

I finished bandaging Cross up, wrapping the white fabric around his wrist with the bite mark.

He looked horrified, probably terrified that I'd suddenly attack him or drag him down to the others to be killed.

Tying the bandage in place I stayed quiet. I'd already fixed up the rest of his wounds, cleaning and bandaging them. It had taken over an hour, each cut being cleaned. On second thoughts that probably wasn't a good idea, seeing as well - he was infected.

I sat back, sighing. "Done."

Cross flinched, looking away. "Why bother? Y-You're going to kill m-me anyway...n-now that you know I-I'm infected..."

Pausing, I stared down at him. He looked defeated, his eyes cast down at the sheets between them where he fiddled with them anxiously. It was a look that gripped my soul and not because it was sad. No. It reminded me far too much of Dream.. my brother. I'd lost him to the zombies and never forgiven myself. I'd always felt I could have done something more to help. Anything that could have saved him.

I glared at myself for a moment and gave a low growl. He reminded me far too much of Dream, and it wasn't good. I placed a hand over his mouth, shushing him. "Shh...I'm not going to kill you...and neither will they."

God I knew I was making a stupid decision. But I couldn't do nothing for a second time.

He blinked, confused as I pulled my hand away from his mouth. "Wh-What do y-you–"

He cut himself off with a terrified yelp as my bedroom door suddenly burst open revealing Dust, Horror, Killer and Error.

Cross immediately hid behind me, covering his bandaged arm from sight as he tried to hide under the blankets.

Dust walked in, growling as he glared at Cross, a gun in his right hand. "Nightmare. Is he infected?"

Cross stared at me with wide, pleading eyes, begging me not to tell them.

I looked Dust in the eye, placing a protective hand on Cross' shoulder. "No." This was for Dream.

Dust blinked in surprise, looking Cross up and down. "What about all of those bandages, what are they covering?"

"Wounds." I said simply. "They're too cleanly cut to be from a zombie. They look more like knife wounds."

Dust hissed, glaring hatefully at Cross again before walking over and pointing his gun at his neck.

Cross went stiff, eyes wide as he stared up at him. But for once he didn't cower away, standing his ground.

"Don't you dare Dust." I growled, wrapping a tentacle round his wrist with the gun and jerking it to the side.

"I wasn't going to kill him..." Dust hissed, yanking his hand out of my grip. "I was just giving an example of what will happen to him if he's lying or turns against us." He chuckled, smirking at Cross. "So you know what happens if you step out of line~?"

Cross nodded, eyes narrowing before pushing the gun from his face. "Yes, I do."

"Good." And with that, Dust left, putting his gun into his hoodie pocket.

Killer blinked, looking over at me. "Is he really clean? No infection?"

I nodded, turning to glance at Cross, grabbing the thin blanket from earlier as I did so and throwing it over him.