Looking for Trouble

Chapter 4
Looking for trouble

*Yawn.
*chirp.*chirp.

Zia looks around.
She is still in her royal room,huh.
She thought maybe she'll wake up and realize she's just dreaming but now she is facing reality,huh.
Who is she?
She's Zia Melos in this place.
The Eldest daughter of a General and King's right hand man and also..She is that King's wife---The Queen!

While she is in dazed.Someone knock on her doors.

"Queen..Are you awake?"
A soft voice is heard from the outside.

Zia smiles. She put her chin on her knees and look at this shut door in amazement.
Just yesterday,this maid is almost beheaded by her.

"Yes."
Zia answered after a minute of silence.

"We will attend to your needs.If it's alright to enter now?"

Zia almost burst to laugh but she keeps it to herself.She roll in the bed and laugh without a sound.
After another minute she let them in and let them serve her.

After fixing her clothes the maids left.Only Calla remain.Irine also went in.Irine is promoted as the Queen's personal maid and Calla retain her position as the Head Maid but now Irine has higher position.

"Queen,the food is serve.The poison tester already tasted and nothing seems wrong." Irine said softly.She help comb Zia's hair.

Zia smiles.
The two maids shudder.
Could she be thinking of something unreasonable again?

"So we actually have a poison tester?"

The two maid felt their faces are drench in cold sweat.
Poison tester? Ofcourse she has! She is the Queen. But why would they have to call poison tester before when they are feeding the Queen bread and some left over food?

"Did you both become deft or you lost your ability to speak? Or did this Queen ask too softly?"

"Yes! Yes.The King has someone employ to test poison in the Queen's food." Irine said immediately. She hates it when the Queen starts questioning her like this.Because it will end up her being in verge of death.

"Oh..The King really cares for me huh." Zia smiles sweetly.

Calla almost drop to her knees and kneel again.She lost her ability to retort everytime she remember her being drag by the guards. She unconsciously touch her neck.She swallow hard.

"Let's not make the food wait then."

Zia walks gracefully.
She's very elated and happy.
She looks at the thick tree near her room.

"Your name is Eros,right? Come,we will eat."

Eros didn't say a thing but he reveal himself and walk to her.
The two maids stupefy.
This is the most elite guard of the King.
He rarely show his face but because he is extremely handsome that he is hard to forget.
He is the one that is overseeing the Queen?
It looks like the King really cares for his wife.
They feel like their knees are softening. How could they make such slander mistake?

"You are thinking of trouble again?"
Eros says.
He reveal himself to accompany her.It is to show everyone that the Queen is being protected by the King. This will shut the mouth of those servants and guard that is still thinking of finding trouble to this troublesome Queen.

"I don't look for trouble....but I will welcome them with open arms." Zia giggles.
This make Eros smile slightly.
The two maids didn't find it funny though.They are drenching in sweat.

All the servants and maids in the Pure Palace finally understand and they resigned to the fact that the Queen is being treasured by the King.Who ever slight her is earning the King's wrath. And who is going to save them if the King hated them?
They bow when they saw the Queen.

"The food taste good,right,Arcadia?"

The Kitchen staffs especially the Head cook is trembling.The Queen is eating and the fat rat is also eating on the table.
The rat only listen to the Queen.It ate what the Queen told it to eat and ignore anything else.
They flinched when they heard the rat ugly squeak.

"Is the rat really necessary?"
Eros is frowning.

"Hm..Arcadia is my first ally.Ofcourse he is necessary."

Eros felt a stabbing pain.
It means that the Queen trusted the rat first than him.
Because he is guilty so he didn't voice his feelings but he felt really wronged.

"Queen...Your younger sister--Miss Vanna is here."
The guard informs her.

Zia is puzzled when almost everyone frowned.

"Why? Is she no good?"

"Queen...she is the one that instigated us.She pays us and push us to make your life harder. She appears nice in front of you but she really hates you.Now that we are awake and know what is good for us.We are loyal to you and want to tell you the truth." Irine says in one breath.
She is really mad.
That woman,if she didn't tell those lies,they might hate the Queen but never will they find trouble for her.
Her fist is clenched tightly.

Zia  looks at Eros.

"They are telling the truth.They are all servants,they will never find trouble for a noble woman if they have no backing.And your Second Sister is that person that tell them to make things worst for you."

Zia is puzzled.
She never have sibling so she is happy to learn she have one here but now this?

"Is she a step sister? Or a blood sister?"

"You don't know?" Eros is puzzled.

"Your answering question with question?"
Zia don't want to explain further.

Eros sigh.
He thought she is testing her.

"She is your blood sister.You have 6 sisters and 2 brothers."

A blood sister?
She hates me even though we are related by blood?

"Very good.She hates me and still pretends she cares? Tell the guard not to let her in.If she is in,tell her to leave.Be polite.But make sure she left."

The guard nod.

"And also....Tell the guards that no matter what,she is not to step even a single foot at my palace door from now on.In every step she make to my palace,one finger of a guard will be lost."

The guard body stiffened but nod his head in response.

A little jealous younger sister wants to make trouble? Then she finds a perfect trouble!