The Queen is Mad

Chapter 8
The Queen is Mad

"We should leave General Melos." Warren said after turning away from the couple kissing infront of him.
Azalie is dumbfounded.His mouth hang open as he stare at his daring daughter.Then he look at the sighing prince.
"That.....is my daughter..?"
Warren nods to confirm.
Azalie nod his head.
"Oh."

They are about to leave but stops when Zia calls them.

"Father! Let's play outside."

"Play? I'm home after a long journey and you want to leave?" Walter grumble and pout.

"Hmp! Who told you to leave?"

Warren is puzzled.
They are just too sweet before and now this?

"I am protecting our country!" Walter said in a hurt tone.

"And? Did you succeed?" Zia angrily ask.

"We didn't win yet but we are not losing too! Are you too hurtful your words?" Walter showed a pained expression.

"Oh..So you do have what it takes to protect someone.." This time Zia pick up a black rat that runs to her when she crouch down.

"What do you mean?" Walter shown a dark face.

Warren and Azalie is struck at their place.Are they arguing?

"What?" Zia pretend she doesn't understand.

"DO YOU DOUBT THIS KING?" Walter rose from the throne.

Zia arch an eye brow.
Her facial expression is darker than the King's.
Walter is shock by this.

"Do you know what I've been through? Do you know how I suffer? DO YOU KNOW?!" Zia didn't back down.
Her lips are trembling in anger.

Azalie looks at the hurt in his daughter's face. He felt her pain and didn't know what to say to appease her.

"That is a test for you..There will be a time that I might marry some other for politics.You have to have a tough heart to subdue them.You are my wife.What else do you want?" Walter says this with proud tone but he felt stabbing pain looking at her lonely and hurt eyes.

"Test me? Did I test you? No one has the right to hunger me to death! To scorn me! To talk trash to me! And They did that when I marry you? When I become the Queen? What pride do I have left?"

"IS THIS TRUE?"
Azalie eyes widen.
His gaze turn sharp.

Walter stiffened.
He heard about that to Eros.
Eros apologize and he think he didn't done something wrong.
It was his wife test.
But the pain in her eyes says he did her wrongly.

"..about it..I didn't order them to harass you ." He never think his servants will do something that awful and to a Queen? It's unthinkable.

"That is your way of apologizing?" Zia ask.

"Um..What do you want me to do? If it'll appease your anger,I can order them to be beheaded!" He doesn't want to do that especially they are his palace servants but they did something as gravely as hurting a Queen.They deserve it.

"Why? I already subdued them. If they fail me one last time I'll hang them myself.Hmp."

"Oh.So you want something else?"

"Hmp!"

Walter don't know what to do.
He look at his brother but Warren also has no idea what she wants.
Azalie smiles.

"A present will be nice your highness..Since my daug--the Queen is mad,isn't it right to present her presents?"

Zia smiles and wink at her father.
Zia look at the troubled Walter.

"I am very understanding.You are a King so ofcourse your wife must be tough but It was tooooo much! They even call me trash and slut you know."

Walter face darken.
"They did...?"

Zia nods.
"Because you didn't look like you love me they start bad mouthing me.Some lecherous male even look at me lewdly! Even you Haven't seen my body and yet some already thinks they done me!"

Warren and Azalie's face redden with a vulgar words but they knowingly understand that she is not lying.

Walter face cannot be describe.His anger is in it's max.

"Are you...mad?" Zia ask.

Walter look at her.
"Do you remember their faces?"

'Oh..he looks scary'

Zia smiles.
"There's alot who do that to me.Why get mad now after along time?"

"I am very sorry..I really have failed you." Walter says while softening his face expression.

Zia smiles.
"You are not bad.I see.. I married such a hot guy. So...about my gift?"

Walter laugh.
He doesn't understand but he is very happy with this Queen.
At first she kiss him,then he blame him,then he anger him,then she acts wronged,then she tease and now she's extorting him.
Very well,he is very happy to obliged.

"Fine. You think you can help me think what my wife would like?"

"A farm."

"A farm?"

"Your wife wants a farm."

Here I thought she will ask me diamonds or title or a dress..but a farm? Why a farm?

Zia smiles.
Ofcourse she wants a farm.
The reason of why she is here is because the original Zia Melos died in hunger! Maybe if she fill this body with a nutritious meal she can rest in peace.
And what she has to do is to start is to plant and raise her meal!

She knows that there is fundamentally wrong with her logic but it sounds fun to become a farmer and so here she goes.