Kisses

Chapter 20

Walter's P.O.V

Kayus has been acting sneaky these days.
He has been talking lesser than usual too, though that is better for me.

Since he has been away more.
I have more free time too.

"Y-y-your h-h-highness....T-this is... v-very un-unappropriate.."

The soldier in front of me tremble as I strip him his clothes.

I smile as he cower in fear.

***

*whistle*

"Your highness, are you sure I am enough?" The hidden guard whisper as he stealthly followed the King wearing an ordinary soldier uniform.

Walter banters with the merchant while grinning.

"Enough. Who do you think I am? Even without you, I have nothing to fear." He confidently whisper back as he finally raise the price of the apple with one bronze coin.

The merchant looks agitated but give in and gave the young man the apple he forcibly lower the price.

The hidden guard sigh as he disappear in the King's shadow.
The King has been willfull in his younger age but lie low when he become King.
But today, he happily went out forcing a trembling innocent guard to strip.

"Wow. I have seen alot of handsome men yet never has seen someone like you--" the hostess want to hug the soldier but the soldier evade smoothly and does not look at her even once.

"!!!" The hostess angrily pout as she moves on to her next target.

Lucky for her.
If she pursue the King, might even lost not only a customer but her head.

In an alley connected to more remote part of the town.
The King walks confidently.
The dirty place displease the hidden guard and the eyes of the resident of that part of the town make him more alert.

"Handsome man should try to read his fortune?" Suddenly a woman cloak in dark cloth call to the King.

The hidden guard sigh.
What ever the position or status, a handsome man always has some edge specially in attracting woman,huh.

Contrary to his guess, the King walk toward the fortune teller and galantly seat .
No one said anything for a while.

"What would you want to know?" The fortune teller ask.

"....guess."

"Oh..."

Then another awkward silence.

The hidden guard is having trouble as to why the King seek a fortune teller.
He has the most trusted fortune teller contacts thanks to the Queen Mother yet the King showed no interest on them.

Or could it be..
Its been awhile when the King touches another woman...is he?

No.no.no.
Didnt the Queen left just because of the King affair with woman?
Knowing how the King treasure his wife, not just taking in concubine, he even refrain from looking at them!

"You want to know what your lovers condition?" There is glee in the fortune teller's voice.

The King nods.

"Hmm... Fine. And she is very please with you."

The King gave a rare smile.

"What would make her more happy?" Ask the King.

"....."

Silence.

The hidden guard sigh as he watch this.
Why is the King playing with a puny fortune teller in the middle of a danger prone place?