A Trial that Confuses One's Heart

Two men at each side of the square platform.
One who looks a scholar, thin and clean. Smart and fragile.
While on the other hand is a man in black.
Handsome, sharp and cold.

The arena is filled with people who wants to watch the show.
The King is rubbing his temple. His stomachache is now alot better than yesterday but his head is still hurting.
On one hand is his trusted aide and in the other hand is his trusted hidden guard.
And the reason for this fight is a girl that looks so tender and frail.
She is wearing a light yellow dress while looking distress at the arena.

The King looks at the guard near him who has a huge bump in his stomach and sitting elegantly while fanning 'himself'.

"If your uncomfortable, why dont you remove that heavy disguised?" He asks frowning.

Zia pouts and throw the fan in his face.
All the guards eyes widen.
Slayer from a far kneel down and take the fan and do the honor of fanning the smug 'guard'.

"You always irritate me everytime I hear your voice. Dont talk to me." Zia humped and look away. Her eyes looking at the arena is sparkly.

Walter rubs his hurt face but a smile on his face.
He is very willing to be abused.

"I find your father and brothers. They will be back in a month." He said wanting to sit beside her but she glares at him.

"Oh. Did he say something?"

"He is very mad at you."
Walter eyes narrowed and a smile in his lips.

"Heh~ I just have to act cute and he'll forgive me." She said in proud expression.

Walter chuckles.
"Me too. If you act spoiled I will want to spoil you even more."

"Are you seducing me?"
Zia looks at him and smile.

"Did I succeed?"
Walter looks at her with longing.

Zia shrugged her shoulder.
"Maybe."

***

It is called a trial but its just fighting.
Though, Eros and Kayus will not fight directly.

Saul is the one who decide the fight.
In his mind, he doesnt want any of the two to be harmed.
One is a person his granddaughter loves and cheated and the other is a good friend of his granddaughter who wants to help her, how can he dare let them fight it out and get injured?

"Each of you will act as a general. You will be given 100 men each. The first to capture the general or take down the white flag of each group will win and marry my granddaughter."

Eros nods.
Kayus followed.

Saul looks up and ask the heaven to let any of these men to really love his granddaughter so he can rest in peace.

The two separated and build their own troop.
The spectacle is happening from a far but the audience can still watch them.
The excitement in the air makes Lily choke with emotion.
This is happening because of her.
Is her feelings for Kayus this destructive?

Eros in a far look at Lily and he raises his arm and point at her.
Lily blinks and step back.
'What does that means?'

Eros nods and say something.
He is too far to be heard but everyone blushes as his mouth spoke those word clearly.

'I WILL WIN FOR YOU.'

Every woman gaze on the petite Lily with jealousy.
Why is she being treated so precious?

Lily answered him by just mouthing 'IDIOT' without a sound.
Her fist is grip tighter.

Eros saw that and laugh aloud.

Kayus saw that cause he is near Eros camp.

He frowns as he see the  distress woman.

"Didnt see says she likes ME?" Kayus glares at Eros.

Eros look at Kayus.
"For now, not for long."
Eros said with a determined voice.

Kayus blinks.
Its not like he has feelings for Lily.
If he has a choice he will not marry her. But he is a man. He already did 'the did'.
His upbringing cant tolerate it if he will abandon the woman.
But in his heart it must be okay to let Eros win. He loves her despite the fact that he 'ate' her already.

A smile spread his lips.
Its good that Heaven didnt abandon him and gave him a better choice to escape this marriage.

***

After the 'war'.
Eros won effortlessly.
Eros is frowning.
Its so obvious that Kayus let him win.
Lily understand this too. Though she is a woman blindly inlove, she is not stupid.
Kayus shows he is fighting hard on the surface but he is often making major mistakes ends up being defeated.
The ordinary citizen might not understand.
But to the major leading people, they know.

Saul walks toward Lily.
"Granddaughter.."

"I understand. Thank you." She has no more tears to cry. She smiles instead.
Her heart mught be winching in pain but she is a noble's daughter and the prime minister's granddaughter. She cannot show how sad she was.

She walks toward the victor, Eros.
She refuses to even look at Kayus.
Kayus on the other hand want to greet her and apologize but got ignored.
Somehow...he feels unsettled and ...mad?

"You won. Are you really marrying me?" Lily smiles but her lips is twitching.

".....Lady Lily." Eros looks down then look at her. He grabs her shoulder with a bit of strenght. Lily expected it so she is a little jumpy but not scared.
She smiles at him.

"You won me." She said teasing him.

Eros face blushes.
"That....Is just me joking.."

Lily laughs as she wipes Eros sweats.

Kayus on the side is smiling.
Even when Lily ignores her.
But as he wants to wait to talk to her,
He stays.
But his eyes widen as Lily comfortably talks to Eros.
He cant hear them talking but as Lily laughs with him pisses him off.
He froze when the lady wipes the man sweat.
His eyes shoot daggers as he walks and take the lady away.

Eros is stunned at first but his body response before he can think and grab Lily's other hand.
Lily is bewildered and stare at the two men.

***

"Oh! Oh! The true trial beguns!" Zia giggles in excitement.

Walter sighs but also smile seeing how happy Zia is.

"Next, I will make sure to brainwashed Eros into thinking he is really in love!" She cheered.

"What if you dont have to brainwashed him? Look at him gripping Lily's hand tightly. I guess, he will develop his feelings without your interference."
Walter says thinking about it deeply.

".....And where is the fun in doing that?" Zia shakes her head thinking its a shame that Walter sometimes shows idiocy.

A/N:

^_^
Its been awhile.
Lols
Thanks as always.