Part 5

Armaan's POV

I was lying on his queen size bed, when the only face was striking my memorylane. I immediately threw the duvet on the floor and started playing with darting board and arrows.

I was playing when different thoughts were coming into my mind.

When she came into my office and I offered her job without taking interview and with that I pierced one dart in the board.

When she came back to cabin and accepted the my P.A.'s job, I again threw the dart to pierce in the board.

And lastly? When I came to know that she has joined the hands with my bestie to achieve the victory and to loose me and final dart pierced the middle point.

"You have came with your choice but will go with my consent", I chewed the words and then pressed the lips and looked at the dart board as if it was her face not the board.

Shilpa's POV:

I took a quick steam bath and started getting ready, after wearing the dress, I was combing my wet hairs, when someone jumped in front of me, for a second, I got scared and then realized who it was, "Sid ke bacche! pareshan karne se baaj nahi aaoge na tum?", I loudly screamed at him but did not realized that he was playing with my hairs.

"Leave my hairs", I honestly and with childlike face said.

He made faces and mocked me at which my mouth opened automatically. I beaten up on his palms and ordered, "Get out from my room. Jao yaha se"

"Arey wah! bachpan se yahi jami hui hai aur mujhe bhagati rehti hai bas", he pouted and I showed him tongue.

"Do not irritate me haan, tere aane se pehle tak ye room mera tha you have stole it from me", at which I wink and said, "Ja jake breakfast kha bhukkad, par mera nahi har baar ki tarah", and giggled.

Armaan's POV:

I was sitting on the breakfast table when Riddhima, oops my best friend Ridz, came with a box, I was looking at her with a corner of my eyes. I knew very well that I wanted to know what the hell she wanted to do, but was not going to accept, not even in my wildest nightmare, being the egoistic Armaan Mallik.

She too knew how to deal with me therefore she quietly seated opposite mine chair and opened the box, it was red velvet pastries, with which we had beautiful memories of our childhood as they were both of our's favourite.

She smelled the aroma and said to herself, "Kisi aur ko to khanne ki padi nai hai, let me eat all the four yummiest pastries", saying this she licked her lips.

Being Gupta's and Mallik kids also, this was the only thing which we do not have with knife and folk, because we believed that the taste of the pastries increased with every bite eaten by the hands.

She dipped her finger and licked the cream while saying, "Kaise log hote hain dear pastry, apni most favourite pastries ko aur best friend ko dono ko avoid karte hain......see this is the fate of both of our's", saying this she shared a look with me, with the corner of eyes.

And finally I lost and fetch the pastry box, "Hey pastry! tell ridzi to not talk to me but she has to share you with me"

The hope burried in the heart of Ridz but I threw mud on that saying, "Um! let me pack you Ms. Yummy, and will have you pleasantly, without any disturbance in my cabin"

"Tata Raghu Kaka!", and saying this I left with my laptop bag and packed pastries. 

As if I wanted to let her fight with me as we always used to but this was the first time when she did not, and I know it was happening because of that two rupees, Shilpa Malhotra, who has built a war between two best friends.

Shilpa's POV:

I have just jumped down on the breakfast table, where Sid was already there and having breakfast like bhukkhads. I rolled my eyes, "Chi! at least have food with manners na, do not be a bhukkad"

"Kya humesha mujhme kamiyan nikalti rehhti hai?", he retorted back.

I gave her a fake smile, when Choti Ma defended me as always, "Tu harkatein hi aisi karta hai"

"Yaar aap meri ma ho ya iski", Sid behaved like a five year old who was crying like a five years old who has fear to loose his candy.

"Dono ki", Choti Ma kissed my forehead and continued herself, "ek to tu galati karta hai and if she is correcting you then what's wrong in it?", at which I winked and justified, "True!"

I had done with my break fast with loads of tu tu main main while having food when Chote Papa smiled, "Beta mujhe aap dono se kuch important baat karni thi"

"Important baat? kya dad?", Sid asked but I was the person who understood what Chote Papa and Ma were trying to say about mine and Sid's.

I had liked Sid as a friend from childhood, he might be perfect for me, according to mine and his parents, but I do not know, why I was not ready to marry him. It was not like Sid was not a good guy, he was but it does not mean that I can destroy my friendship for another relation. Yes it was not like I would cheat my family and foster family, but I needed a solid reason for the denial or acceptance, and I needed time.

So, I stammered to changed the topic, "Sorry Chote Papa! it is the first day of mine in the office and have to leave because I am already late, bad mein baat karein?", and snatched my bag from the couch and was about to leave when Sid called me, "Hey ruk, let me drop you."

***

Armaan's POV:

I have reached the cabin and munched the pastries like a 5 year old, I did not even realized that a smiling person was witnessing from the door, but when she coughed I realized it.

"Aww! khatam kar di sari pastries? sorry box kuch log bade hi bhukkad aur ziddi hote hain", Riddhima mocked at which I continued, "Haan Mr. Box, kyuki kuch log friendship mein na sharing jante hain, na caring", I retorted back emphasizing the word caring.

At which she controlled her laughter, "See! who is saying?"

"Yes I am saying Ms. Gupta, because you have tried to spoil the friendship", and finally the lava came out.

But the calm girl said, "no, I have just tried to make you realize that all the time, things cannot be in your hands"

"No they can. because I'm Armaan Mallik", being Armaan I denied the fact again.

"Oho Armaan baba ki jai", she mocked like a child and continued, "Ab now shut up okay, nahi to ..."

"Nahi to what?", I asked her daringly.

"Nahi to I will scold you both for fighting like kids", A person in his 50's, Mr. Shashank Gupta entered my cabin.

I gulped down the saliva as I thought he might be knowing about everything, including Shilpa but he did not, "Sorry sir! wo Ridz kabhi maanti hi nahi humesha ladne lagti hai bas"

"Haw jhoote tum lad rahe the is baar", Riddhima defended herself.

"Bas Bas stop it both of you. You both know na after this week you both are going to engaged and engaged log aise to nahi ladte like kids", he smilingly said everything. I noticed she blushed but I do not know why I was not satisfied with this engagement.

May be I did not wanted to loose my friend, or may be was not ready to engaged yet or lastly but more importantly, I was not ready to loose my friend for an another relationship. I know, mine and her parents cannot be wrong, but my heart was saying, that there was saying that something wrong, yet.

Shashank sir tried to hug me but I was not in my senses, that is why Riddhima shrugged my shoulder to take back with jerk, and then Shashank sir hugged me tightly.

"Okay then, you may discuss whatever you want to, this is going to be the best engagement of the city, no country", he asked and I senselessly nodded my head.

"so talk. par ladai nahi okay", he ordered at which she nodded and I remained rooted it was not like I did not know about this before, I did know but something has changed, which I was not able to neither accept nor deny.