Part 14

Armaan's POV:

I looked here and there, at every nook or corner of the area but she was no where. Possibilities were two, either she was literally there and ran away immediately to tell that she defeat me once again, or it was my illusion. Both were dangerous as per me, I could not afford to defeated from that middle class, zero standard girl, nor I believed that I were imagining her. What may ever the situation, defeat was mine. But in the second possibility, a question was added up, why were I imagining her, How could I, may be because in the thought of defeating her or get defeated by her, it was not acceptable to me and my pride.

Shilpa's POV:

I was looking outside the window, the tears were flowing from my eyes so as clouds were crying. It was not at all acceptable to me that I should get married to a person to whom I never seen with those eyes, or never loved. Sid was more than a friend to me, he was my best friend, my wellwisher, the one who knew each and every secret of mine. But he was never the person to whom I can love or spent whole of my life with him. But still I did accepted that huge sacrifice for the happiness of those to whom I came, from no where. Even I did not know, was I, their responsibility ever. But they did accept me as their responsibility, gave love to me, even more than their own son and this was the small cost for that.

Next Morning, 

Riddhima's POV:

I literally wanted to thank Shilpa a lot. I have never thought that my engagement function will be of my choice, exactly the way I wanted. I was just waiting to hug her tightly and thanked her. In few days, I have found a sister in an employee, and this had no doubt that she has maintained the relationship with any flaw from her side.

I was searching for her, and when I found her she was near the lift when I saw her but she did not. I ran towards her but till then she was gone up in the elevator. But my smile shrunk when I found a glimpse of Mr. Sinha, our senior executive manager.

 Armaan's POV:

I was passing through the corridor and found Shilpa huffing hardly and Riddhima in utter angst over Mr. Sinha.

I frowned as I was not introduced with what has happened, "Hey what has happened"

"Ask your favourite Mr. Sinha", Shilpa sarcastically said.

I shifted my eyes towards him, "What has happened Sinha"

"Sir. She is putting wrong allegations", Sinha gave explanations.

"No. He has done that", Shilpa screamed out loud.

"Enough you both.", I yelled loudly and continued, "What has happened Riddhima?"

"He has molested her", she replied to me at which I rolled eyes, "And who has told that to you?"

"Shilpa", she looked in my eyes, folded her arms on her chest and continued, "In the lift"

"Oh! and who else were there except them", I argued.

"Armaan What are you trying to say, that this poor girl will lie about her self respect", she argued back to me.

"Answer about what I am saying, koi aur tha except these two?", I argued again.

"No!", Shilpa barked at me and continued, "But does it matter? Why will I lie?"

"Because he has digested your job", I retorted back.

She was looking aghast, "Oh! So Mr. Mallik is this worse", she gulped the fresh lump of throat, "Ab to main daawe se keh sakti hoon that you have done  this demeaning job with him, so you can win", saying this she left the spot and Riddhima looked at me hopelessly, "You are hopeless"

Shilpa's POV:

I immediately ran towards the washroom splash water on my face, many a times, I did not have had any belief on the reality that HE has not believed my truth. My wet face had lines of tears. But I was enough with this job, now this was the point of my self respect and pride. I collect my belongings at the same time and was about to leave when Riddhima came in my cabin.

"You are going?", she asked.

"Hmmm! your to be husband has left no option for me", and I left from there without looking at her from the office forever.

Riddhima's POV:

"She has gone Armaan", I whispered from the door of his cabin.

He was constantly looking at his laptop screen and replied, "So what?"

"Congratulations on your victory Armaan Mallik", I clapped sarcastically.

"Thank you"

"You know what, Aaj tumne apni jeet ke liye sirf us ladki ko nahi mujhe bhi hara diya", I said tearfully. 

"I know she was your favourite but...", he stopped in between and looked at me.

"What do you wanna say?"

"Mr. Sinha your favourite, has not done this firstly", tears were in my eyes and he understood what I wanted to say.

He loosened the hold on my shoulders and ran to stop HER but it was late, her cab has left.