Betrayal

Here is the first chapter of the story! We will be getting right into the action, so I hope you guys are ready!

.

.

It was a beautiful morning in 15th Century China. The sun was just beginning to crest the mountains. In a large plain in the shadows of the mountains lay a snug little city. It was called the Valley of Peace, for it was always peaceful. In a large mountain overlooking the Valley of Peace lay a beautiful palace. In the palace lived not royalty or nobility, but Masters. Kung Fu Masters!

There were two masters living there. Grandmaster Oogway, an old tortoise who had the wisdom of every animal in China. He was hundreds of years old, and still going strong. Then there was Oogway's apprentice, Master Shifu, who was a small red panda who was quick and stubborn, but skilled nonetheless.

Then there were Shifu's two apprentices: Leo Lung and Tai Lung. Shifu had found them on the Palace doorsteps one evening, and had taken them in. Tai Lung was a powerful snow leopard who had a broad head and large muscles. He was sarcastic and snarky, but he was one of the strongest warriors in the Palace. His brother, Leo Lung, was an asiatic lion. Leo Lung had golden fur with well-toned muscles and brown mane that was just starting to grow in. Leo Lung, unlike Tai Lung, was mild-mannered and kind.

Now, the two teenaged apprentices were eating breakfast in the palace.

Leo Lung stared at his meal. He frowned as he examined his bowl of breakfast. The adolescent lion looked at the porridge-looking stuff. Leo then gazed at his older brother, Tai Lung, who was shoveling the porridge stuff in his mouth.

"How can you eat this?" Leo asked, gingerly placing a small portion of the oatmeal in his mouth.

"Well, I get a spoonful of it and put it in my mouth. Then I chew and swallow it." Tai Lung responded sarcastically after swallowing a spoonful.

"Leo Lung, you must eat to keep your strength." Master Shifu said as he entered the room, examining the asian lion. He pulled up a seat at the table and sat down across from the two brothers.

Leo sighed, shaking his growing mane and placed a small bit of the food in his mouth. Tai Lung looked at him, eyeing his mane in what looked like jealousy. Leo Lung kept a cool face, yet smirked on the inside. He knew that his brother wanted a mane like his.

As Shifu sat at the table, he looked at the two teenagers. The two brothers were only 18 years old.

"I want to talk to the both of you." Shifu said, waving the chef out so the three could have some privacy. The pig sighed and left the kitchen, but not before sliding a bowl of porridge in front of the red panda.

"Oogway has visited me this morning." The red panda said, gazing at his two sons. Leo Lung smiled, he loved Oogway. He was always kind to the adolescent lion, and helped Leo when he needed aid. He was like his grandfather; always there when he needed him.

"What did he say?" Tai Lung said, not exactly caring. The snow leopard absentmindedly stirred his spoon in his bowl.

"The universe has sent him a message. He is to chose a warrior." Shifu said, pride lacing his voice.

"A warrior?!" Both of the cats said in unison, their interest increasing tenfold. They both pricked their ears up, and fixed their eyes Shifu, eager to hear what he was to say next.

"Yes. The Dragon Warrior is to be chosen in three days time." Leo Lung smiled. This was going to be good!

"The Dragon Warrior.." Tai Lung breathed, his amber eyes glowing. "I have longed to know what is inside that scroll!" He growled.