Chor Ghom Prison

Leo Lung trekked through the mountains, his mane fluffed up against the cold. He was about 12 hours into his journey. He would get there tomorrow morning if he walked all night, but Leo Lung's paws were starting to hurt.

As the lion walked along a beaten down, rocky path, he scanned for a nearby cave, overhang, or any kind shelter that he could use to sleep in.

Thunder boomed in the distance. Leo sighed, and just as he rounded part of the mountain, he found a large cave. He ran inside, immediately sniffing around to try and see if there were any residents. Luckily, the cave just smelled old, with no current animals living there.

Just as Leo had run into the cave, rain started pouring outside, catching part of Leo Lung's tail, making him recoil in disgust. He hated rain.

Leo Lung began setting up his 'camp'. As he examined the cave, he knew he would use this cave when he was making his return trip. He unpacked his bag, which had a few candles, a rolled up sleeping mat, and the food he packed. He was able to light the candles with a trick Master Shifu taught him.

{Master Shifu...} Leo Lung thought about the red panda who had raised him and Tai Lung. He was probably freaking out, turning the entire Jade Palace upside down, searching for him. The lion instantly felt a pang of guilt in his chest. He suddenly missed home, and wanted to head back, but he couldn't, at least not in this storm.

{I will visit Tai Lung, then I will return straight home.} He thought to himself, nodding. Leo yawned and lay down on the sleeping mat. He hated rain, but the constant pitter-patter helped drown out any other mountain noises that would try to keep him awake. Evantually, Leo Lung nodded off.

Leo woke up next day with an ache in his back and his shoulder aching...again. He instantly winced, curling into a fetal position as he clutched his shoulder. Leo Lung wondered how hitting his shoulder with an ironwood branch made it hurt so much. Was his shoulder broken or something?

Leo Lung quickly rubbed his shoulder and stood up. If he was to make it to Chor-Ghom Prison by noon, he would have to get moving in the next five minutes. He quickly packed up his bag and moved towards the prison. He could see the top of the prison over another mountain. {I will be there shortly} He thought.

The asian lion grabbed his bag and began the trek. It would only take about an hour and a half if he kept a steady pace.

At one point in his journey, he met a family of mountain goats who offered him food. Remembering that he had only packed noodles for his trip, Leo decided to take a break. Noodles can get old if they are all you eat.

Leo walked into the goats' home. The male, who had large horns donning his head, welcomed him and invited him for dinner. Leo began listening to the stories he had to offer. The wife, who was taking turns between caring for her 4-year old kid and cooking, began whipping up some vegan meal for her family, and chicken and dumpling soup for Leo.

Eventually, the family asked him what he was doing up in the mountains. {I don't want to lie to this family. Even if the truth...} His thoughts trailed off.

"I am here to visit a friend." He tried not to wince at the lie. Well, it wasn't exactly a lie. He was here to visit Tai Lung.

"Ah, Ok." The father said, shoveling some food into his mouth. The family continued exchanging stories, and eventually they realized he was Leo Lung; the inventor of Lion-Style Kung-fu, the second animal to complete the 1,000 scrolls of Kung-Fu, and the brother of Tai Lung. The goats were shocked at first, but after they got over the fact that he was in their home, they were pretty ok with it.

Leo didn't want to overstay his welcome. When the sun-dial read about 11, he grabbed his stuff and left. The goats saw him out, and Leo continued his journey over the mountain to Chor-Ghom prison.

The asian lion didn't expect the terrain to be as hard and difficult as he thought. He had to climb over rocks and large, fallen trees, which didn't expect to find in a mountain, and that caused his shoulder to ache. Leo had assumed that the rhinos- or..Anvil of Heaven- had purposely made the terrain this difficult in case Tai Lung escaped. Is this what Shifu meant by 'taking extra precautions'? Leo pondered it for a while.

Leo Lung eventually crested the mountain top. He could see for miles all around. But that wasn't what the lion was focused on. On the mountain right in front of him, a large door was being built in the shape of gaping jaws. He shuddered slightly. The door was still being built; rhinos, pigs and some other animals hauled in wood and metal, while some were nailing and bolting the hinges.

Leo approached the door. A large rhino with a bronze horn approached him,

"Who are you?"

"I am Leo Lung. I come to visit Tai Lung, my brother."

The rhino thought for a long time. He shouted something to two of his guards. The two looked at each other, shrugged, and nodded to the large rhino.

"Come with me, Leo Lung." He grunted, and entered the huge prison.

Leo Lung's jaw dropped at the immense size of the place. It went down at least 1,000 feet. Countless rhinos were stationed at different catwalks all the way down.

"One thousand guards, One exit, and One prisoner." The rhino chuckled as they approached what looked like an elevator.

"Shifu told me you are taking extra precautions." He looked at the rhino. The heavily armored rhino laughed; a deep baritone sound,

"Look up!" Leo Lung followed his commands, "You see that dynamite? If he ever escapes, we will blow the entire prison up."

"Won't that kill you? And your entire force?" Leo asked, slightly concerned.

"If it stops our prisoner, then it's necessary." He said. Suddenly he grabbed the chain on the elevator and shook the platform violently. Leo Lung gasped, grabbing onto the handle bar and the rhino's shoulder. The rhino laughed again, his laugh echoing throughout the prison.

Suddenly the elevator slammed to a stop. Opening the gate, the rhino stepped out, beckoning for the lion to follow. Leo slowly followed, eying the large draw-bridge in front of him. Four rhinos guards were standing by the draw bridge. After receiving the order to lower it, Leo saw him.

"Behold, Tai Lung."