The Dragon Warrior

Alas, the movie has started! It is time to choose the Dragon Warrior!

.

.

Leo Lung was lost in thought as he moved his spoon through his bowl of soup. He was at dinner with the rest of the Furious Five. Master Oogway and Shifu did not eat with them- they preferred to meditate to calm themselves in preparation for the upcoming day. The Dragon Warrior would be chosen tomorrow morning. The entire village would be there to see it. Master Shifu, Master Oogway and himself would be presiding over it.

The lion's mind wandered back to twenty years ago. He had prepared so dutifully for being chosen as the Dragon Warrior. He had washed his fur, combed his mane and chose his best robe. Would the Furious Five do the same as he did?

Speaking of the Furious Five, they were incredibly eager about the events taking place tomorrow. Monkey had put his two cents in and predicted that Tigress would be the one to obtain the envious title of Dragon Warrior- after all, she had had over fifteen years of training under Master Shifu, Oogway, and Leo. Viper, Mantis, and Crane all agreed.

Tigress, on the other paw, was not as excited. If she was, then she did an excellent job of masking her emotions. Leo delicately lifted a spoon to his mouth and put a small amount of soup into his mouth. He swallowed and spoke up, interrupting the Five's conversation,

"Listen up you guys. The Dragon Warrior may be an incredible and honorable title to hold, but it also comes with great responsibility. You will be given the secret to unlimited power. It will not be easy, and it is certainly not a joking matter."

"Yes, Master Leo, we know!" Viper giggled, "You sound just like Master Shifu. You are so uptight and serious!" She said, using her tail to handle her spoon.

The lion was, in all honesty, taken aback by her statement. While the rest of the Five, excluding Tigress, laughed at the joke, the lion remained. Leo cast his gaze downward. Even though it was a simple joke, he frowned. He respected Master Shifu and all of his teachings, but he never expected to turn out just like him.

Leo stood, pushing his bowl away from him and stalking off to his dorm. Viper, as well as the rest of the Five, fell silent as the large lion exited the room. The lion walked down the hall, his paw steps silent on the wooden floor. As he climbed up the steps, he heard someone follow him. Leo reached the top of the steps and turned, looking behind him. His ears pricked. He heard heavy, but quiet footsteps. It must have been Tigress.

And he was correct. He saw her glowing eyes in the darkness. She ascended the stairs and met him at the top, her tail low and ears down. Leo narrowed his eyes and his tail swished, a gentle swishing sound entering the air as his tail dragged across the floor,

"Do you need something?" He asked gruffly. His whiskers twitched as Tigress sighed.

"I want to apologize for their behavior earlier. It was never funny, and they did not mean to hurt you." Tigress said quietly.

"I understand Tigress. You had no part in it. I just..need some time to think. The Dragon Warrior will be chosen tomorrow. I suggest you get plenty of sleep. It is going to be a big day tomorrow, for both you and me."

"Yes, that would be good." The tiger nodded, walking past him and towards her own dorm.

"Wait!" Leo called after her. Tigress stopped and turned, looking at him. Leo was silent for a moment. Then he beckoned for her to follow him. Leo walked into his dorm and reached for something in a box he had near his bed.