Oogway's Vision

Rafiki voice: ~It is time...~

I had to rewatch the movie so I could get dialogue that's not found on Youtube, but that's OK! I have been so excited for this chapter.
.

.

3 years after the Battle of Weeping River.

.

It was a beautiful day. The skies were clear. A large village that lay in the valley of a mountain was peacefully quiet. That village was named the Valley Of Peace, as the villagers were kind and trouble was not a frequent or welcome guest. That was because it was protected. Protected by amazing masters of Kung Fu, who have spent years of their lives training on the very mountain that shadowed the village.

On the top of that mountain, a large building stood majestically. An asiatic lion lay on his stomach on the branch of an ironwood tree. One of his legs and his tail dangled lazily off of the branch, and he placed his head on one of his paws as he let the gentle music of a wooden flute fill the air. The lion, who was mature with rippling muscles and a brown mane with hints of gold, shifted his weight carefully on the branch and gazed below him. He spied a red panda below him. This red panda sat cross-legged, the wooden flute held in his delicate paws. His eyes were closed and he was playing as if it were the easiest thing in the world.

The lion was just about to drift into a light slumber when, without warning, a long, green snake lunged at the red panda from one of the pillars of the building, her mouth gaping open. At the very same time, a large bengal tiger and golden snub-nosed monkey leapt off of the roof of the nearby building, launching themselves towards the red panda. A black and white crane launched himself into the air behind and dive-bombed towards the panda, his talons outstretched. A small, but fast, preying mantis leapt off of a beam on the roof towards him as well. The red panda was hopelessly outnumbered 5 to 1.

But as the animals each closed in on the flute-playing red panda, the lion simply watched idly. Even as the panda stopped playing and his eyes flew open as the animals leapt at him, the lion did not even lift a claw to help. In fact, the lion's interest grew as the small red panda began to evade and deflect the attacks. The six animals battled ferociously. The lion, even though the fight was not yet over, already had formed an idea about who would come out as the victor.

Up in the ironwood tree, the asian lion shifted his weight so that he had a better view of the battle, but he was careful as he did not want to fall into the battle. The red panda used his flute as a staff to block each and every attack, despite the fact that the five animals attacked from every possible angle. Then, to the lion's dismay, the fight was over as quickly as it began.

The red panda, even though he was outnumbered and surrounded by the five animals who attacked them, placed his cane down and addressed all five animals, who were panting and gazing at him, waiting for him to speak,

"Well done, students! If you were trying to disappoint me!" The red panda, who went by the name Shifu, exclaimed. He picked his cane up and pointed to the bengal tiger, who had her paws together in a salute, "Tigress! You need more ferocity!"

At that, the bengal tiger, who was named Tigress, looked tired and defeated. But, nonetheless, she bowed her head to Shifu, who had already moved on to the golden snub-nosed monkey,

"Monkey! Greater speed!" The monkey, who was simply called Monkey, did not share Tigress' look of tiredness and defeat. He held his long arms together in the same fashion as Tigress, and bowed his head in respect, also as Tigress did. Not wasting any time, Shifu moved onto the next warrior in line, the lanky bird.