Chapter 1

"Angel, can you come down here? I need your help with these packages"

"Yes, sure!"

The young woman ran down the stairs quickly, but carefully. She turned right and gently pushed the door to the great temple. The sounds of her delicate tread on the ground, echoed throughout the building. The light pierced through the huge windows, covered with colorful stained glass. It was late afternoon, but the sun was still high.

At the far end, of the church stood a tall man, dressed in a gray suit with a white characteristic shirt underneath. He had his hair stuck in a bun and on his eyes were placed yellow glasses. He stood in front of a huge pile of cardboard boxes.

"More boxes?" the smiling girl asked, when she came to him.

"Do not rush on me. Most are yours."  he admitted and sent a smile back. She hit his arm playfully and chuckled. The boxes were really big, but she took three of them and walked towards the door.

"Be careful, sweetheart!" she heard behind her back, what made her smile.

Using her leg, she carefully opened the door. The sun with a breath of fresh air suddenly hit her face. She took a deep breath and went towards her goal. Thank God, their home was not far from the temple.

"Hey, Angelina! Do you need some help?" A sweet female voice called to the girl.

"No, thank you, Faith, but Joseph needs it for sure!" she responded and smiled to the blond woman in the beautiful short dress.

She put the boxes in front of the brown door. The house was all white and wooden. It was really huge compared to the old one. The area was quiet and peaceful. Cherry trees around it added even more charm. She opened the front door gently and moved the boxes across the threshold. The interior of the house still smelled as if no one lived there, even though they had lived there for three weeks.

On the ground floor there was a white kitchen, a small bathroom, a large living room with exclusive furniture and wooden stairs to the top. Upstairs, there were three bedrooms and another a little larger bathroom. One bedroom belonged to Angelina, the other to Joseph, and the last one served as a room for Joseph's brothers and sister when they arrived.

The young woman pulled a dusty photo out of the box. She wiped it gently with a handkerchief. Her eyes widened and she covered her open mouth with her hand. In the picture she was with Seed family. She stood next to Joseph and behind them were Jacob and John. Faith was sitting on the floor, holding one hand on Joseph's thigh. She placed that one on the fireplace where everyone could've seen it.

Joseph was like a father to Angelina who she has never had. He took her under his wing when she was only 12 years old (now she is 23). She trusted him more than anyone else. Then his family became her family. Loving and caring for her.

The girl gave back this love, maybe not to John. He was always sure that every woman loves him. In one word he was pathetic in her eyes. He was the youngest brother. Nine years older than Angelina.

Jacob was the oldest. He did not like to show emotions, but he defended the girl like his younger sister. He taught her to hunt and defend herself. That's why she is so strong now.

And Faith was a sweet, best friend. Only a year older. She loved everyone and everything, especially Angelina.

Why was the church mentioned? Joseph is a father, and each of his siblings is a herald. They have a cult. Eden's Gate. The young girl believed in everything, but she didn't go through the process of becoming one of them. Not because she didn't want, but Joseph decided like that. That's why they call her The Risen. John is The Baptist, Jacob - The Soldier, Faith - The Siren. They all have their job, now, when they moved to the Hope County, each of them has own area.