Chapter 22

"Rachel! We need to go now!" a woman called her daughter as they were supposed to leave their house already. They were invited for supper by their family.

"I cannot with her... We are always late-"

Teenager walked down the stairs with a smile on her mouth. She had really deep blue eyes and dark blonde hair. Her height was around 5'6' but with her heels on, she seemed much taller. She came closer to her mother and admitted "Easy, mom. I'm ready"

"Hey, hey, hey. You are not gonna go out like.. that" a man with brown beard, and same colored hair (except some huge parts which were getting silver), who just walked in the house, stated.

"Mom, tell him something" she begged her mother, after what he said.

She had just glared at her from up to down and agreed "Maybe, you should wear something longer. Like, I know it's my old red dress but.. You know that uncle isn't really.. modern"

A young girl sighed and went back to her room to do what her parents said. Despite everything, she was taught to listen to them, even though she usually did not agree. As she opened her wardrobe, she took some long white dress and put it on herself.

"Dad, when will we go?!" suddenly on the ranch sounded little boy's yell from the car.

The man assured him that they were coming soon. He took the keys and turned to his wife with words "I told you that you will look gorgeous in this dress. Even though you look beautiful in everything"

Her eyes stopped on his deep blue ones. Exactly the same as their daughter's. Her lips formed a smile when she realized that after so many years he was just as charming as then. She put her delicate hand on his right cheek, bringing her face closer to his and whispered "And you look pretty hot, Mr. Seed"

Chills ran down his body and on his face appeared smirk. Both of them exactly remembered phrases from their first date. With his hands, he embraced her neck to bring her lips to his, and he joined them in very passionate kiss. A woman kissed him back and smiled through the kiss.

"Lovebirds, come on" their daughter mocked them with a smirk, walking out of the house.

The man looked at her, and admitted "Now, you look absolutely beautiful. I mean-"

"I know what you mean, dad. Come on! They won't wait for us forever"

After she jumped in the car, he laughed and let his wife pass him. The ranch looked beautiful at this time. The sun was near to set and gave warm rays towards the wooden building. Angelina looked around before entering the car. The surroundings have been empty for several years. Empty and safe as never before. All members of the cult had their own families. The Holland Valley has never been as extensive as it was then. It did not mean that John did not have a job or any of his siblings. The collapse was still awaited. Nobody would never thought that it will look like this. So beautiful and peaceful. Every fight taken in the past was worth it.

As she was in the car, she looked at the back to brown-haired boy with light blue eyes and ordered "Jonathan, fasten your seat belts"

"But daddy never do that" he rebelled with a visible grimace on his face.

"Be smarter than him and tell uncle Jacob that you are. He will be proud of you"

Every time Angelina used Jacob in her argument, sparkles appeared in boy's eyes along with the smile. It seemed like his goal was to earn the uncle's respect. He said that one day he would like to be strong like him. John usually pretended not to hear it. But when he did not, he showed that he is sad that he liked Jacob over him. The boy every time convinced him that he might not be as strong but he would always be his number one hero. It always melted John's heart. Sometimes he would do that, just to hear these words from his son.