Chapter 5

The young woman woke up on the coach under soft blanket without any clothes. She covered her mouth with hand after she realized what happened that night. With a fast move the girl got up wearing some her clothes from the floor. She grabbed her phone and walked over to the door. A few centimeters shared from her hand and the door handle.

"Don't you think that's pointless?" she heard John's voice from the kitchen.

Angelina squeezed her hand and slowly turned back with fake smile on her face. He sat there in bathrobe eating breakfast. She walked towards the table and sat in front of The Baptist.

"Did you want to go to Joseph?"

"I don't know what I wanted to do, but I know that we made a mistake"

"Are you sure about that? You seemed you liked it"

"This is a sin, John. I thought you know that"

"Of course, I do, Angel. Confession is essential, now."

"I don't care about confession. I care what's going on between us" she spoke, looking at him. John with calm expression on his face, continued to eat. After a while, he put down the fork and gazed at her. His deep blue eyes looked into her eyes. She felt a strange feeling inside, as if something tickled her and she became more nervous. He influenced her more than she thought.

"What do you feel about me?" he asked, being stressed at the same time. On his initiative they had something yesterday. Everyone can think that he is a flirty, a womanizer and self-confident, but what he felt then, he felt for the first time. He had not felt nervous with any woman until now. The woman who sat in front of him cared for him. She was not the one with whom he used to slept in his past. In fact, he thought it was just stupid lust, but it was something else, something stronger.

"I feel love... I guess" she thought, but she didn't want to tell this. She wasn't afraid to tell this, she was afraid of his reaction. What if he's going laugh at her?

She took her eyes off him and stood up, going to her room upstairs. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, trying to calm down.

"it's ok Angelina, you are going to come back to your home, to Joseph and everything will be alright... you can't repeat the situation from the past, you can't fell in love again. get over yourself..." she kept repeating this to herself in her head, all the time.

"What are you doing?" he asked when he saw the girl packing her things to the suitcase.

"I came here for the weekend, remember?"

"Yes, but I think we're not done" he admitted, approaching the girl.

"I told you, it was a mistake" she told him, avoiding the eye contact and continuing to pack her things.

"Why are you lying? What's going on?" he sat down beside her.

"I am not lying" she responded quickly as she started to pack things faster and nervously.

"Hey, hey, hey, Angie" he repeatedly said, taking her hands to stop doing what she did. The young woman started to sob. John looked at her with confusion and her hand in his. With one arm, he embraced her and pulled her head gently to his torso, putting his head on hers.

"If it's about yesterday, I'm-"

"No, no, it's not your fault... the thing is... how much do you know about me?" When she looked at him with tears, he wiped them and frowned with inquiry and compassion.

"Not much right? Well, I'm Angelina Sofia Moreau. My mother was a stripper and my father... I guess the lucky guy who f<cked the stripper, even though she told me how great he was. Bullshit. I was maybe a child, but not stupid. I was a mistake. And I could feel that. She never cared about my education, life, friends, about me. The woman who called herself my mother, never told me 'I love you', only maybe then when she was drunk, nor came to the stupid school for A Mother's Day. Whole days she spent in the club, sometimes she brought men to our house for a night.

I felt into anorexia when I was 11 years old. When I told her that, she shrugged. One day she walked out the door like everyday, but she didn't come back. She just left me. I didn't hear about any accident, nor suicide. I was alone without money, food, mother. I had no one. The 12 years old girl was on her own. I decided to take the most important things and live on the street." she cried harder, then John squeezed her in his arms. He was so sad and shocked.

"I used to live there with other people, till once. The man in his forties walked over to me and said that he can help me. I hesitated, but at the end he convinced me. He took me around a corner where there was no one. Suddenly he pushed me to the wall... I started to shout for help, but he pushed his disgusting tongue into my mouth while touching me... I WAS A FREAKING CHILD" she started to shake, and John tried to calm her down.

"Then some young man ran to me and hit the guy. It was Joseph. I was horribly terrified, I wasn't sure to trust him, but he was different. I saw this in his eyes. He offered me a home, warm food, new clothes. As you see, I agreed. After months I started to treat him like own father. He signed me to the best school, I graduated, I meet people who loved me. Then came Jacob. I didn't trust him, as every man since this incident. However, he took me hunting, he helped me how to defend myself. Then I wasn't afraid anymore. I was strong, I knew that.

Then I met his wife, pregnant wife. Accident ruined everything. I realized that maybe I am the problem. Maybe because of me people get hurt. Joseph came back from the hospital, told me everything, including that God spoke to him. He was serious, so I belived him. He was the one who saved my life, who I trust, who gave me the chance to see the world from the good side. So, we started the project, both of us.

I thought it is the end of my problems, but I met a guy, Austin, when I was 18. A big first love, isn't it? A big mistake, rather. Whole year of beating me, abusing, being his sex toy."

"Did you tell Joseph or anyone about it?" the man asked with compassion in his voice and being angry, because someone dare to hurt her like that.

"You're the first. I told Austin that I can't stand it any more, but he hit me and again and again and again... till he wrote me that he found a new girl. I sighed with a relief. We moved and I went to the collage. After years, I saw him again. He was watching me all the time. One day I came out the school and he took me around the corner. He begged me to come back, when I said no, he hit me in the cheek. I almost fell because of pain. With closed eyes I touched my cheek and I heard sounds of fight. I saw Jacob. If not me, he would kill Austin.

Since then I promised myself not to fell in love again. But... here you are. I tried to keep you on distance but my feelings to you were too strong. Everybody around me get hurt, John, I don't want you to-"

"Angelina, look at me. Just look. I promise you that I will never hurt you, I will never make you feel upset. This monster who molested you, this monster who beat you.. they should rot in hell. I want you to know that our past can't decide of our future. We can build it fresh, new. Just as we always wanted it, dreamed of it. You are a strong, beautiful, caring woman, Angie and I think I love you."

shorter chapter but a lot of info xxx
thank you for reading!! ❣️❣️