Chapter 18

Three weeks passed. The new month has begun - June. Most things returned to normal, including their health. Angelina looked like a newborn, regardless of her weight loss and scars which was nothing, compared to what was in the recent past. She could function normally, and that was the most important thing. John felt much better. Despite the fact that he was limping, he returned to his work in the bunker, which did not disturb his girlfriend anymore. Trying to spend as much time with her as possible, he reduced his working time. Their relationship has never been better.

Joseph came more often than before. The Baptist was quiet about this situation. He loved his brother, and he understood that he simply cared for them. Angelina thought in exactly the same way. However, when he spent the whole first week on the ranch, his foster-child explained to him that everything was okay, and asked him to come only on Sundays for dinner. He agreed on the condition that he would call. They both agreed as a last resort.

The rest of the siblings called them in time to time. The situation in Hope County was worse day by day. That is why every herald was quite busy. The resistance continued to try to rob outposts, and to kill innocent people. The only way out was to do the same, just to be safe. Gates of Eden was received by many believers during that time, which was a reason for happiness for the whole family. Thank God, there were still people who wanted to be saved.

"Hello, gorgeous" the man whispered to her ear, after his mouth laid a small kiss on the side of her neck, what made her chuckle. Angelina was standing, and cooking when her beloved hugged her from the back.

"You came back earlier. Why's that so?" the young woman stated, as she took off the apron, and turned back to him, leaning against the deck. The smile on her face, made him think how beautiful she is. His hands did not even move from her hips, as she turned herself.

"Are you disappointed because of this?" he inquired her, with frowned eyebrows.

"So disappointed" she laughed at her ironic response, and embraced his face by her hands. Without a hesitation, she quickly stood on her toes to kiss him. After a while, she remembered about the meat in the oven. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to feed you"

The last laugh sounded in the kitchen from his mouth, and he walked away a little bit to let her do what she wanted. His eyes could follow her movements for days. He could not believe what love can do to a man. How much it can change him for a better, and happier one.

"...we will go, right?" her voice woke him up from the thoughts. The girl immediately had seen it, and glared at him with a smirk "What were you thinking about?"

The confused man ran a hand through his hair, and replied "You. Your beauty, and how lucky I am to have you"

"Obviously" she giggled, and blushed like a rose, as she was bringing the food to the table. Angelina was not really surprised by his response to her question because she knew him too well. Although, she was curious what was really going on in his mind. The problem was that the young woman had no idea that he was honest, at that moment.

Both of them sat in front of each other, at the long table, which was right next to the fireplace. The door at the second end were opened, so the rays of afternoon's sun, came into the room. It all gave such a nice and romantic atmosphere. Angelina could not help but smiled, after she heard his beloved whistling We'll meet again.

They sat like that, and ate, enjoying each other, till she spoke "So, as I said before, but someone wasn't listening. Joseph called-"

"Nothing new" the man interrupted her, with a smirk.

"Joseph called, and invited us to the tonight's sermon" Angelina continued to talk, ignoring his words. "I said that we'll be there without a doubt"