Chapter 20

Exhausted young woman got out the car, when she was in front of her house. It was already night. On the vault rested billion of bright, beautiful stars, which looked at her from the heaven. She closed the door of her car, and walked towards the building. There was no light inside, what made her little shocked because John's car was already in the garage, and he would not go to sleep till she came.

"John?" she called, after she opened the door to their house. When she tried to turn on the lamp, it turned out that there was no electricity, which would explain the lack of light in the house.

Another thing, which did not give her a peace was that there was not a response from her beloved. Full of uncertainty girl took a few steps, looking around. Suddenly, she noticed a lot of lightened candles.

"What the-" whisper came out of her mouth, as she kneeled to grab something from the ground. She gently touched the strange thing, and then realized what it was. Rose flake. As she went a bit further there were more of them. Much more. John.

Her mouth twisted into a smile, and in her head she could not believe what he did. This man was unpredictable in a good way. She went further with more confidence. It seemed to indicate the way. Candles with roses led to the back exit. Following the path, she was collecting each petal of rose.

After a moment, the girl was outside, and the light of the moon hit her beaming face. As she stood near the door, she could not see the ending of this path. She even had no idea where it is going. However, after taking a breath, she continued to walk in silence. It was really late, that is why no one was outside, except some guys, who secured the area, but they did not pay any attention to her.

As she was getting closer to the main place, she realized it was near her favorite lake. Apart from all this, she wondered why he was doing it. Of course, it was possible that there was no occasion because it was John. However, she thought about every possible date and nothing came to her mind.

With her hands full of rose petals, she finally arrived. She picked up the last petal that was just at the edge of the water and looked at the lake, which like a mirror reflected the beauty of the sky and all the celestial bodies it possesses. Then she looked around herself, and to her surprise, she did not notice anyone. When she was about to return home, she quickly turned and her heart stopped for a moment. All the petals fell out of her hands and there was a huge shock on her face. In one second, her entire body paralyzed. She could not move.

And what did she see? John Seed holding a small box on one knee in front of her.

"Angelina, will you marry me?" his slightly stressed voice interrupted the silence that prevailed faster than anything else. After these few words, he opened the box, and there was a ring in it. A beautiful ring.

Uncontrollable tears began to run down her face, and her mouth covered her hands. She could not say anything for a few seconds. The joy she had in her heart screamed with all her strength inside.

"Please, tell me these are joy tears" somewhat afraid, the man replied at the sight of the weeping beloved. Then she laughed, and knelt in front of her boyfriend. Without a word, she threw herself in his arms, what almost made them both fall on the ground, and whispered "Yes, damn... Yes!"

He put his arms around her, still holding the box with the ring, and breathed a sigh of relief with a smile. Despite his courage, he had to admit that this was the most stressful situation in his whole life. The first one like that.

"Give me your hand, honey" the man stated, at what she let him go, and with eyes full of tears glared at him. Still she could not believe what is happening.

His warm hand gently took her cold, and shaking hand into his, bringing it closer to him, so he could put the ring on. On his face painted real, and honest smile, when he noticed the diamond ring on her finger. As he stroked her hand with his fingers with tenderness, he drowned into her eyes, which were even more beautiful in the moonlight. As many times as he saw her smiling, this one was unique. It was filled with such a warmth, joy and innocence.