Chapter 8

When they arrived at Angelina's house, he also left. They came to the door and looked at each other with a smile.

"I feel like in these teen movies now," she replied and laughed, at what he too. For several seconds John watched her closely.

"What?" she asked.

"I have never seen such a beautiful woman with such a wonderful smile in my life" he replied. Her cheeks became more red. Until now, she never paid attention on his flirt texts. Now she saw it differently. He could make her happy with his every word.

"Okay, Casanova. Come here" she responded and grabbed his shirt to pull him to herself as she pressed her lips into his. John winked and gave last smile to her as he walked away.

"Good night, my love" he admitted and sent kiss. She laughed and sent it back. Soon she came in to the house and turned on the light.

She knew that Joseph is home already, Thinking he slept already, she tried to be quiet. Carefully, she put step by step on the stairs. When she grabbed the door handle, Joseph's bedroom's doors opened and she stopped herself. The girl smiled when she saw Joseph in pajamas walking out the room. He smiled to her back.

"I'm so sorry, probably I woke you up."

"No, no, I wasn't sleeping for a while. How was the date?" he asked her at what she smiled. He realized how important it was for her. The man had nothing against them anymore.

"Wonderful, and your dinner?"

"Horrific. Some people from resistance or whatever it is, at least they call themselves like that, came and killed Sean. When they saw me, they ran"

"What?! Are you okay? Joseph, oh my gosh..." she replied and hugged him. He smiled and said "Yes, I'm okay". She looked at him with worry. A small step and she could lose the man who protected her at all his costs. The man who became her best friend. The man who was to her like a father.

"Don't you ever put yourself in front of such a danger" she admitted seriously to him.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. God will not let them take me" he responded taking her face in his hands. She smiled a bit and became calmer after she saw smile on his face.

"Now, go to sleep. I can bet you are pretty tired" he spoke, taking few steps back.

"You too"

▪️▪️▪️▪️

It's been weeks since the beginning of their official relationship. Everything was like a fairy tale. They met every day. She lived in her house, he in his. John mentioned the move several times, but the topic quickly escaped. Faith, when she found out about them, she began to jump and laugh from the happiness. She even began to plan their wedding, but she only told Angelina. Jacob.. well, he is Jacob. What doesn't mean that he was numb about them. He was happy in his own way. He teased them every time as a big brother. Between him and John was almost fight a few times. Angelina in herself, never was that happy before. The same thing you can tell about John. They both lived in their own wonderful world. Joseph was happy because Angela was. It was the only thing that mattered to him. He started to trust his brother.

One day Angelina drove to John's property. It was beautiful August's afternoon. She climbed out the car in front of dark wooden mansion. Around it were a lot of peggies, but she didn't pay attention to them.

"John?" she shouted, entering into the home. After a moment, she realized that the building is empty. Through her body ran chills because of the stress and fear. It wasn't a safe place. For sure not, since the resistance started to show their presence. Angelina started to panic a bit and she walked out the house. She approached random guy.