Chapter 11

Angelina approached the drawer on which John's MacBook lay. She reached for it and lay down on the bed. She gently lifted the gray flap and a view of the start panel appeared to her eyes. She opened her eyes wider when she noticed his wallpaper. She was there with him in the picture which they did a month ago. It was sweet. She smiled to herself and opened the browser without hesitation.

John took as much food as he could in his hands. Carefully, he climbed the stairs, full of curiosity about what his beloved invented this time. He walked through the long corridor and entered the room where Angelina was already there. She smiled at him, and he threw food on the bed. He frowned and lay down next to her.

"Scooby-Doo? Oh Lord, you are full of surprises yet, baby girl" the man said, after he noticed what was on the laptop. She had that innocent smile on her face, what made him feel helpless.

"Old episodes. You watched it, at least once, right?" she asked as he embraced her by his arm. He bited his lips and the girl widened her mouth. "I only heard about it" he replied. "So we have a lot to catch up to" she responded and leaned against his chest, turning on the cartoon. The young woman grabbed the pack of Reeses and after taking one for her, she handed this to John. He wasn't the biggest fan of sweets but he took it as well.

"Why do they have dots instead of real eyes?" he asked, teasing. She rolled her eyes and he embraced her more tight. The girl corrected herself to feel more comfortable.

▪️▪️▪️

"Okay, so Rick and Joanne go together always. Don't you think that's suspicious?" he asked. The girl wanted to watch two or three episodes but John insisted to watch more, so they ended after six. He really enjoyed that, what made Angelina happy. Now, they were lying on the bed in the dark room. She was turned back to him, so he wrapped his arm around her waist and had his head near her shoulder.

"Firstly, Fred and Daphne. Secondly, maybe they felt the most comfortable with each other. It's conducive to the investigation." she responded to him with closed eyes.

"I think that they have dropped a black job on Veronica- "

"Velma"

"Yeah, so that's my opinion. It was terribly exciting how these traps were done. Everything was done with the best precision. And finally, how these monsters turned out to be just humans." she chuckled at his excitement in the tone, when he talked about all of these stuffs. She has never thought, it would interest him that much.

"So you could be Fred and I would be.."

"Daphne. That's obvious. You're Daphne to my Fred." he admitted, making her laugh harder. She turned back to him. Even though, room was so dark the girl could see his smiling expression. John placed his hand on her cheek, slowly running down till he gently grabbed her chin. After a moment, he pushed his lips into hers to the passionate kiss. It was a first kiss for a long time. He enjoyed every movement of her delicate lips, which tasted like a sweet cherry always. Her fingers gently touched his beard. Suddenly, to her head came the picture of him. In the bunker. The girl tried to dragged herself from this but it was pointless. She pulled away from him immediately and nervously bitted her lips. He gazed at her, frowning.

"Baby? What's wrong?" he asked, touching her shoulder. He was totally confused.

"Nothing. I just... doesn't matter" she spoke, cursing herself in her head. He was suspicious but he didn't tell this loud.

"Are you sure?" he repeated the question.

"Yeah"

"Um.. okay, so... I have a free day, tomorrow" he told her as she laid down. Angelina smiled. "That's great" she whispered, after what she kissed him fast and gently on his lips. He calmed down and smiled back. With his fingers, he took her hair strands behind her ear.