Chapter 19

It was already dark when five of them were sitting in the living room in Joseph's house. Angelina took the seat in her favorite brown armchair, when John needed to sit on the couch next to Jacob. No doubt that, he was kinda upset about it. Meanwhile, Faith, cross-legged, was sitting in the other armchair opposite Angelina, and Joseph took the seat to her right.

On the table was already third bottle of wine. Even if it were not, you could see that most of them were under the influence of alcohol. Especially The Father, who was deadly honest, and happy. Despite everything, it was a really nice view because they all were smiling, and were just having fun.

"Hey John, you remember this house... we burned?" Joseph's wavering voice spread across the room with a question. He was looking down, and only at the end he gazed at his brother, who had a small smirk on his face.

Almost sleepy Angelina awoke on the word burned and looked at John with the shock. Whole picture of him was half-fuzzy in her eyes but she tried to stay focused, and mumbled "Wait, what?"

"Don't look at me, babe. That was Jacob's idea" he spoke to her, and raised his hands in the sign of innocence. Their all eyes were now focused on the eldest one in the family.

"I'm impressed that you remember. You were real- really young" stated Jacob, with a quite difficulty in making words.

"How could I not remember? I remember this day exaaactly. You woke me, and Joseph in the middle of the night with gas canisters. You drowned the entire farm with it. Then, I remember only throwing matches, and us sitting on the grass watching huge red flames. Soon after that they came, and took us. You, to this reformatory, and us totally elsewhere. Then you also said that everything will be fine, that we will meet again someday. You were right, brother" John impressed everyone with his monologue to his older brother. After that, he stared at him, and patted him on the back. Jacob smirked, and nodded in the agreement of his words.

"Then they considered us as dangerous" Joseph added, smirking.

"The truth is if we didn't do it, God knows where we would be, or if we were still alive" said Jacob, and all of them nodded. Angelina stayed concentrated as much as she could. After this conversation, she was suddenly sobering up. She had no idea about this. The Father spoke about his past really rarely, and it was not a pleasure for him. But now, alcohol refreshed all the memories.

"Well, let's drink for our children to have a better childhood than all of us" after a while of awkward silence, Angelina took her glass very carefully, and raised it. They gave her nods, and took sips from their glasses. A smile appeared on her face when she noticed that Faith had fallen asleep in her armchair. She looked so cute, and lovely.

"Let's drink for your children to be smarter than their father, and to graduate at the top of the class because of their intelligence, not because of the knowledge about some professors sleeping with their students" Jacob admitted to Angelina, with a smirk. Joseph could not help but laugh at this, same as the girl.

John remained silent for a moment with a slight smile, and suddenly spoke "You are just jealous that I can speak with people, and get useful informations from them"

"Yeah... useful" the eldest Seed mocked his brother once again. Angelina, together with Joseph, had tears in their eyes because of the laughing. The youngest of them simply shook his head in disbelief.

They finished the open bottle of wine, and changed the subject to some meaningless and dumb things, which seemed so interesting with alcohol in the main role. The Father was the first to get up quite unsteadily, and slowly reached the stairs. That was not the first time when Angelina saw him drunk. Although it happened rarely, and that was the first time when he drank, not to kill the pain but just for fun.