Chapter 12

The girl escaped straight into the dark forest, avoiding the eyes of the cultists. Her eyes tried to keep a wave of tears. Every friggin time when she was upset, tears poured in liters. She couldn't control it. She had no idea where she was going. Each tree seemed the same. Darkness took over the whole area. When she calmed down a bit, she stopped. The young girl turned around herself. She was in the middle of the forest. No rocks, no rivers, just trees and a cold wind because of the time of the year.

She didn't get scared immediately. She was wise and rised up by Jacob, so it would seem that nothing could surprise her, and survival would be her specialty. Not true. It was the first time when she was alone in the middle of the night in the woods, wearing only jeans and a T-shirt. Leaving, she only wrapped herself in a little, gently blanket.

"You can do this" she whispered to herself and took a deep breath. When she put the first step, something moved on the right. Something behind the tree. Angelina jumped a bit, when this thing flew away. Just a bird. The girl sighed with a relief and continued to walk.

After several minutes of aimless walking, she reached the wall of rock.

"No, no, no, no... GOD" the young woman hitted the wall because of helplessness and anger. She sat down leaning against the rock. She no longer had strength. Rubbing sweat from her forehead, she noticed a deep wound on her upper hand. Her fingers were all in the blood. Immediately she tried to stop bleeding but it was pointless.

Then the girl regretted her move. She could stay. She could talk with John. Instead of this, the young woman was in the middle of nowhere, alone.

Sitting there, suddenly Angelina heard people's walk nearby. She didn't run in their way, she wasn't going to. On the contrary. It was a bad sign. The danger in this valley was unusually high. Joseph never let her be alone after dark.

The girl crawled closer to the corner and covered by bushes, she was watching the situation. Her loud heartbeat muffled her thoughts, and the blood dripped from her hand all the time. The air was terribly thick, which made breathing much harder than usual.

Four people. That's what she could see in this darkness. They were walking around the area where Angelina was. When the sound of reloading the weapon passed through the girl's ears, she wanted to run as fast as she could. But she refrained from this unreasonable idea.

"I didn't lie! I told you I heard something right here!" suddenly the man's voice spoke. Then she knew, they were looking for her. The girl swallowed, trying not to move.

"You think that John Seed would walk in the woods at the night? I don't know, if you remember but we decided to observe his ranch tonight. Not to walk like some idiots in the forest, just because you've heard something!" a female's voice responded in the quite serious and strong tone. Angelina couldn't stay any longer there. She needed to run immediately.

The girl couldn't take a close look at the situation. She only knew that there were four of them, and after the sounds they were busy talking at that time. She took the chance and gently set the first step ahead. Then the second, third, fourth... When she took another confident step, she heard a crack under her foot. The young woman closed her eyes and without giving the sound moved her lips with "shit".

"Who's there?" one of them suddenly shouted, pointing the gun at the tree behind which the sound came. Angelina didn't notice the carabin. Even without seeing it, she ran without being careful. The man with his pack ran after her. She couldn't even focus, everything was just unbelievable.

"Well, well, well..." there was a woman's voice and a black woman came out from behind the tree, stepping into the path of Angelina. The girl stopped and didn't move, considering the revolver a woman was holding at her forehead. "It's you. The Risen. You fell, dear, like a mouse in a trap. I'm not saying it's bad. Thank you for that"