Chapter 16

It was the next day. Next day lying in bed and worrying about John's condition. She did not receive any messages except "he's okay". Empty words. What if they only say that just to do not worry her. What if he is in a terrible state. What if he is one step away from death.

Angelina had enough of these thoughts, but they did not give her peace. And they were not going to leave. For now. Her body ached, however, less than yesterday. These pills helped her. She dreamed that there were pills that moved her away from constant worry.

Holding on to the bandage on her stomach, she rose to sit on the edge of the bed. The weakness she had inside and outside was unbearable. Jacob told her to lie down all the time, but how it was supposed to help her in regaining her strength. She took the crutch, and stood up, using all energy in her body.

The girl smiled to herself as she noticed that she was successful. One step, the second step. Opening the door, she leaned against the wall. When they opened, she left and slowly moved towards the stairs. Then she thought she had no chance of coming down. Broken wrist and leg. When she falls she will break down completely. Maybe they'll take her to John then?

Despite everything, she gave her a chance, and to her surprise, after a while, she was downstairs. Whole, without any new breaks.

"Wow" the man, standing in the kitchen, gasped.

"Not difficult for one who wants it, Jacob" Angelina replied, as she approached the eldest Seed brother. The table was full of food, what made her frown at this sight. "I hope you didn't cook" she added, with a smirk, before she sat down.

"The fact that I didn't succeed once with pasta, doesn't mean anything" he stated, as he sat down too. "It wasn't so bad in spite of everything"

"It wasn't so bad? This pasta was hard as a stone, and it tasted like meat. I have no idea, how it was possible" at that, he smirked.

It was truth. When she was 17, she and Joseph decided to visit his brother for a dinner. Her intuition knew it was bad idea, but she did not say anything. The meal in itself looked disgusting. Joseph realized that too. But they just ate it, and left. It was the first and last time, Jacob cooked for them.

"Any news about John?" Angelina inquired, with painted worry on her face. He put down the cutlery, and stared at her eyes. "Stop, you make me feel even more scared than I already am"

"Tomorrow, he will be at home. I told Joseph to drove him here, firstly. That's what he was supposed to do because John couldn't have imagine it otherwise"

"He is conscious? Oh, thank God..." Angelina gave a sigh of relief, and truly smiled. Her hands covered her face in disbelief.

"Yeah, though Joseph wish he wasn't. At least as he slept, he didn't ask about your condition constantly. Doctors wanted him to stay at least a week more, but it was impossible. The little brother made a row in the whole hospital. You both are totally same" he informed her, after what he shook his head. Her mouth curved into even bigger smile, than before. Her heart was pounding so fast.

"Stay here and eat. I will prepare a bath for you. I am more than sure that you need it" he admitted, and stood on his feet. Angelina immediately, but with carefulness, rose herself too.

"I told you to-" the ginger-haired man started, but he was stopped by her tight hug. His eyebrows rose, as the little smile appeared on his face. He patted her gently on the back, and went after a while.

Everyone knew him as a cold man without emotion, but he was like that only to people whom he did not trust. So everyone from outside his family. Of course, showing emotions was not his best side, however, Angelina was able to evoke this warm side and care in him.