Chapter 14

They took him. They did it.

Angelina did not even want to think about it. Until then, she had physical pain, and now? Her psyche was destroyed. They will kill him. She knew it. But they will not do it immediately. They will torture him worse than her. It was obvious.

Through tears she noticed that one hand is free. However, it took a few hours for the situation to calm down. So, she waited. When the outside subsided, the girl quickly moved her hand to solve the other. However, the pain won and she gritted her teeth as her hand slammed back against the arm of the chair.

One more attempt. This time much slower.

Angelina smiled very gently when her hand was already on the other. Now, the hardest thing. Solution. Just touching this rope reminded her of this pain. However, after a moment she pulled at the tip. Something in her wrist broke, but she just gritted her teeth and continued to pull with tears in her eyes.

At one moment the rope fell from her left hand. She breathed a sigh of relief. Slowly raising her newly released hand, she noticed how miserable it was. But she did not give up. After a short moment both legs were free.

She was free but weak.

"You can do this, come on" she whispered to herself and, supporting herself by sore hands, tried to get up. It was so close to success, however, she fell to her knees hitting the metal table with her hip. Fortunately, it did not make any sound.

Lying on the ground, breaking in pain, she heard a scream. The scream she never heard but she knew the voice that made it. A voice that she heard a few hours ago. John.

She was terrified. Ignoring the pain, she stood up on the trembling and weak legs with the help of a wall. Each step gave such agony as if every bone was broken and each tendon was torn apart. Shaking, she reached out the door, and tried to open it that slowly and quietly as it could be.

The corridors were empty and quiet. One ran forward, second to the left. She managed to hear heavy breathing at the end of the corridor on the left. That's where she tried to approach. Leaning on a wall with a blurry image, she walked. There was a little to her fall and lost her consciousness. Angelina knew that. Around three days and nights without food or drink, in frightening cold, beaten, with serious bodily injuries, almost without sleep, couldn't do anything to her organism.

The girl reached the metal door where the sounds came from. "John?" she whispered, but she did not get an answer. Suddenly she saw the flap where there was a small window. She pushed it away and closed her mouth with her hand. Tears flew one after another. He was there. Alone. On his knees with his hands chained to the wall. His face was all beaten, and he had deep cuts on his body. He was bleeding out slowly. Unconscious.

She immediately grabbed the handle, but before she could open it, she felt someone's hand on her lips. The man did not have to make an effort to overpower her, even though she tried to escape from his grip. Then she lost her last remaining strength and closed her eyes.

"Hey, hey, take this" someone's whisper made her raise her eyelids. Some blonde haired man was kneeling in front of her, with a bottle of water in his hand. Angelina was back on this chair but with a stronger rope around her wrists and ankles. She gazed back at that man. He tilted the bottle of water above her lips, which were chapped. She closed her eyes when she felt the cold liquid in her mouth. After a while, a half-liter bottle was emptied. She caught her breath and seemed to feel a little better. However, the man looked quite confused and was careful, like he wasn't supposed to be there.

"God bless you" the girl replied, with a dry and hoarse voice, putting pretty much effort in making these words. "Could you.." Angelina suggested him solving her.