Chapter 2

The young woman put gently the dress on and brushed her little curly blonde hair. Her hands took the pair of heels. They were not too high, because Angelina had quite centimeters. She gazed for a last time at herself in the mirror and walked downstairs. The girl placed hand on the door handle and pushed it gently. They were already waiting for her, so she walked towards them with a smile.

"You look cool" Joseph said as he opened the door for her.

"Nice, you are learning how to speak teenage language. I still prefer old phrases" she chuckled and climbed into the car.

He shooked his head and sat on the driver's seat. He fired a black car when the radio turned on with the engine. The girl closed her eyes and let herself be carried away by the gentle tones of the song. She started to dream as she leaned her head on the right glass.

I once was a child
With innocent eyes
And my family sworn
They knew best for my life

I followed their rules
As I played with my friends
When it came to the world
I never thought it would end

Help me Faith
Help me Faith, shield me from sorrow
From fear of tomorrow
Help me Faith
Help me Faith, shield me from sadness
From worry and madness
Lead me to the bliss

"... right Angel?"

She heard a Joseph's voice suddenly. All what she did was nodded. She had no idea what he was talking about, but she could bet these were cult and ceremony stuffs. They stopped in front of white wodden church. Peggies were around the area with guns and other weapons. It wasn't surprising view. When she asked Joseph why they have weapon, he answered "protection". So, she lived in total safety, that's what she thought. Peggies weren't actually really talkative or even emotional, but they were believers. They walked out of the car and went to the church.

Joseph opened slowly the main doors. Others were already inside with peggies. She did last corrects and walked with The Father by the shoulder.

"Joseph Seed!" John screamed as everybody started to clap their hands when they made first steps in the church.

When he felt that a young woman is shaking he squeezed her little and delicate hand. She holded her gaze on the ground and breathed deeply. When they reached the altar, Joseph gave her to Jacob, who reached out to help her climb the step. The girl grabbed his hand and stood beside him with a smile. John gazed at her all the time watching carefully every her move. It can be called creepy. Probably he didn't even put attention at what his brother was saying.

"I want you all to close your eyes for a moment. And I want you to think about the world outside this church. And as you sit there alone in your personal darkness, can you see how sick our society has become? Can you picture disease creepin' across the land? Greed. War. Starvation. Because people have turned away from God." he said with his calm voice.

All the people who was there and there was 3/4 of this whole big church did what he said. He wanted to spread the message to as many people as possible. That was his goal. Faith was so hyped. She listened to every word of him very carefully. Jacob just watched the area and Angelina... well, she was stressed so much. She didn't show that, but she felt that deeply inside her. Everybody was saying to calm down, but she couldn't.

"Today's an important day. You know the girl who changed my family for good. She taught us caring and definition of beauty. You know her as The Risen... I know her as Angel" he said unexpectedly and walked over to Angelina with a smile.