Chapter 5

Hooked Chapter 5, a harry potter fanfic | FanFiction

Hooked

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Harry Potter

Warnings: Child abuse, drug abuse, fairly bad language, mild violence

Chapter 5

Three weeks had passed since Harry's Birthday and things were starting to look better for Harry. His friends had stopped sending overly worried letters to him after giving them long detailed reply thank you letters for the gifts and he and Snape had been doing relatively well in their Occlumency lessons. They were still arguing like usual and he has earned another three detentions for when he goes back to school but he did his best to make sure he looked more presentable and tried his best to care about these extra lessons. Harry knew if he didn't do this then Dumbledore and the Order would try to interfere (as usual) and he'd never be let out of their sight again, a privilege that has only been given to him this summer.

Unknown to Harry Snape was looking out for anything unusual and carefully studied the home whenever he was in it, by being a spy he noticed things other people didn't. He noticed that there were no pictures of him on the walls and his aunt and uncle seemed to have little contact with him at all times. He also noticed that his uncle and cousin were very overweight yet Harry had always been on the thin side. But this didn't prove much as it could just be a matter of genes or he just didn't eat as much. There were no clear signs of abuse (besides the original bruise on his face) and Harry didn't seem to show any signs either; he constantly kept himself impassive or angry when Snape was around. Even though there were no immediate signs of abuse there was still something wrong Snape thought. Even though there were no more bruises or injuries Harry still looked pale, thin and generally ill and exhausted. Dumbledore had suggested it could be due to him grieving for the mutt, but it still didn't seem right. Severus couldn't concern himself with it; the boy wasn't in any immediate danger and won't say what's wrong so for Snape it was a closed case.

To maintain this facade Harry's drug taking had become more frequent. So Snape would never suspect any of the occasional injuries he had gained from his uncle (that were now concentrated on this torso so no one suspected anything) he would take larger doses of weed and cocaine. This would provide a great pain killer but by taking them together, Harry found it cancels out the high so his professor wouldn't see him completely baked and report that to his headmaster instead.

Today Harry found himself in his usual routine again vacuuming the living room. His uncle Vernon popped his head round the door

"Where's your aunt?" he asked gruffly

"Out back" said Harry impassively knowing his uncle was going to start trying to wind him up.

"I don't like your tone boy"

"I don't like yours" Harry replied

"You ungrateful-" started Vernon walking towards Harry

"Ah" said Harry "Wouldn't you prefer me to finish my chores first before you bust my chest in? It kind of makes me work harder" said Harry

"You better watch it boy" his uncle said warningly and he stalked off towards the back garden.

He wondered if he should have answered back but after living with the Dursleys for so many years he's realised he's going to get punished whatever he does, so he might as well do something to wind them up on the way.

It was only one week until he had to go back to Hogwarts and he was already starting to feel claustrophobic mixed with panic. He knew he wasn't even remotely ready to go back. This Saturday he would be leaving for the Weasley's and going with them to Diagon Alley and staying at the burrow until they return to Hogwarts on the Monday.