Chapter 9

Hooked Chapter 9, a harry potter fanfic | FanFiction

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Harry Potter

Warnings: Drug abuse, Bad language

Chapter Nine

As September was coming to an end Harry found himself getting closer to Ella. He found out she was a half blood, like Harry, and lives in an English Wizarding area in Switzerland, which Harry thought was quite funny at first. Her father was a well known and respected lawyer, so they were very well off and she was also the youngest of 5, she had four older brothers that had all been to Hogwarts. Every morning and evening they would meet at break time for cigarette, just the two of them. Being with Ella was kind of like being with Davy and everyone back in Surry as it was easy to forget everything while being with her. Another thing he liked about her was that she also had a supply of weed, this surprised Harry as he had never really come across it at Hogwarts, and she was a fun person to smoke it with. Like he had with Davy and the rest, he found himself becoming good friends with her fast.

"So... you got any plans for after Hogwarts?" asked Ella taking a long drag of a joint she rolled. It was currently evening and Harry thought it was a bit dangerous smoking weed in the open but Ella said this area of the tower was usually deserted.

"No idea... used to want to be an Auror but... shit sounds too hard" replied Harry taking another long drag.

Ella laughed "Yeah, you have to do lots of training for that, very serious work" she said in a way that told Harry the cannabis was kicking in

"You wanna go eat something?" asked Harry suddenly. Ella nodded

"I've got the munchies" she said giggling

They both got up and made their way down to the great hall for lunch, trying not to not to laugh the whole way. They sat down together next to Ron and Hermione and started piling their plates with food.

"Blimey Harry, you hungry?" asked Ron looking down at Harry's plate

"Ye huh" replied Harry with a mouth full of food

Ron and Hermione had gotten used to Ella sometimes just randomly joining them to see Harry and Ella seemed like a nice enough girl to them. Hermione however was still worried about Harry. He seemed very different from last term; the only word she could seem to come up with for him was 'self-destructive'. He kept getting detentions, not doing homework, answering back (especially to Snape) and always showing up to lessons late or not showing up at all. Harry would always just play the 'I forgot' card and then he would seem fine again. His moods would constantly go up and down too, he was happy and giddy one minute, then the next he was falling asleep in lessons and being, in her eyes, quite rude (especially in terms on language) Hermione knew that there was something more to this and that's why she decided to go and talk to professor McGonagall.

Her thoughts were distracted a moment as Harry and Ella started laughing madly at something. People round the table started to stare at them as they tried and failed to contain their giggling. With that, Hermione took it as her sign to go see professor McGonagall now, during the free period they had after lunch. She said goodbye to Ron (who was watching Ella and Harry slightly confused) and started towards her head of year's office. She hadn't told Ron about this meeting due to his reaction in 3rd year when she was concerned about the broomstick that Sirius had sent him. Although this situation was different, she had a feeling Ron still wouldn't want to come.

She knocked on the office door and waited to be called in. She sat down opposite her head of house.

"Miss Granger, what can I do for you?"