Chapter 18

Hooked Chapter 18, a harry potter fanfic | FanFiction

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Harry Potter

Warnings: Drug abuse, Bad language

Chapter Eighteen

It was one of those sink or swim moments. Carry on or admit defeat. Truthly Harry had been fighting his whole life, everything from fighting with Dudley and his gang at the Dursleys to battling the most powerful dark wizard of all time. He was very young when he first realised that life was tough and ever since then it's only been proven.

Harry opened the bottle of pills and looked at them. It was strange that a few tiny white things could end his life. It wouldn't really be a big deal. The hospital staff would just assume he's just dropped off to sleep and by the time they find out it would probably be too late. It would even be convenient for them, someone dying in a hospital; they could just take him straight to the morgue. No fuss, no bloody battle, no evil dark lords. Just a nice clean and quiet death.

He looked down into the bottle then got a bottle of water that was standing at the side and flicked the lid off. 'Here goes nothing...'

However before he could even raise the little bottle of pills they were snatched away from him. Harry looked up to see Bill Weasley of all people standing in the middle of a muggle emergency room. Harry, being in complete shock managed to stare at him questioningly.

"Hermione put a tracing charm on you" he said simply

Harry just stared exhausted, glassy eyed and dazed and then said

"Why?"

"Dunno. You can ask her later" he said calmly while pocketing the pills. He kept his other hand on his wand in his pocket. Bill sat down on the seat next to Harry in the crowded waiting room.

"He was a friend of yours, wasn't he?" said Bill quietly "David was it?"

Harry didn't say anything. He noticed he was still holding that photo of him and the gang in the park. He would give anything to be back with them, back in the memory instead of now.

"We need to go now, everyone's been worried" he said calmly and he looked towards the door of the emergency room where there was Tonks and Kinsley wearing muggle clothes waiting outside for them. Harry followed his gaze and turned back to Bill.

"And what if I don't want to go?" he said dangerously, his anger building

"Look Harry, they're only trying to help you. It would be easier for everyone, especially yourself if you would just let them help you"

Harry looked back towards the door where the two order members were standing and back to Bill again. He knew that they would try to take him kicking and screaming. He was completely trapped. The last thing he needed right now was to be locked up and have his only relief taken away from him. He knew what he had to do.

"Whatever. Can I at least go to the bathroom, you can wait outside the door if you want" he said sarcastically

Bill looked slightly hesitant

"Okay, but don't bother trying to run off again, we'll just trace you again. If you're not out in 5 minutes I'll come get you" he warned

"Fine" he said deadpanned. The bathroom doors were just round the corner but still visible from where they were sitting.

He got up and walked towards the bathroom door feeling the eyes on the back of his head. As the waiting room was so crowded with patients, doctors and nurses, no one would have seen Harry casually grab the nearest bag of pills he could find and slip them in his jacket pocket. He then quickly went into the bathroom and locked the door lock and looked at what he had gotten. It was a large packet of pills with a white label on it saying: