Chapter 23 - Final Chapter

Hooked Chapter 23, a harry potter fanfic | FanFiction

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Harry Potter

Warnings: Drug abuse, Bad language

Hooked

Chapter 23

It was way past seven when the sun started to set and sink behind the masses of rock and sand. It set a bright orange glow over the whole sky. After about half an hour it would die down slightly giving way to a blue sky which after another half hour would give a darker almost purple glow over the desert and mountains. This was why sunset was Harry's favourite time of the day, especially in the mountains just off Tijuca Forrest in Brazil. Its a sight that you can't get anywhere else in the world. Even once the sun had completely gone you were left with a beautifully clear dark sky which was lit up by millions of stars scattered about.

Harry flicked the end of his cigarette and continued to watch the suns progress in silence. He can vaguely hear summer and Jack unpacking some supply's from the blue pick-up truck they came in which was parked a few hundred feet away. This was the second time this week they had decided to sleep outside under the stars in this particular location. Apparently watching the sun set and rise was something all tourists visiting Rio just had to do and after reluctantly coming a few weeks ago Harry had rather enjoyed it. However instead of getting up at some ridiculous time in the morning to travel and watch the sun come up they had decided to stay over and go back to sleep after the event.

Calming moments like these were perfect for reflection, which in Harry's case is a good thing and a bad thing. It was good to reflect on how he could change his life for the better, like not getting wasted on smack, but the bad thing was the more he reflected on his life back in England, the more he just didn't want to go back. He had shared this thought with Lucy about a week into his holiday, "Everyone thinks that when they're on holiday, it's just because you have no responsibilities here or pressure, but it will catch up with you eventually and you can't keep running forever" she had said which Harry thought pretty much nailed his situation on the head. Voldemort wasn't going to just stop chasing Harry, there was a prophecy to back that one up, and Harry figured it could go either way when it came to the dark Vs the light, he doesn't know how much an effect him being there will have.

Harry had been here 3 weeks now and neither the Order nor Dumbledore have tried to interfere or bring him home. Harry played with the idea that maybe it was because they couldn't trace him or find a way to contact him as the only communication he had been using was muggle texting using a blocked number to Hermione's phone; this way he knew Voldemort wouldn't be able to trace him at all. However Harry thought it was more likely because Dumbledore hasn't tried to track him down, almost like he understood he needed some space alone. Harry still doesn't know whether he hates the man or respects him.

"Hey jackass! Fancy helping us with all this crap?" shouted Summer bringing him out of his thoughts.

He walked down the small rocky hill and took some of the pans and water of Summer who was juggling sleeping backs and pieces of wood.

"You still with us mate?" asked Jack squinting up at Harry with the evenings last bit of sunlight shining in his face

"Yeah yeah, just enjoying the peace before you lot arrived" Harry replied

"Great. Next time you can carry all this junk up this giant hill" panted Lucy

"Come on Luce it's about a meter high" said Jack laughing

Jack had actually been fairly good company considering he was friends with about every smack head on Westhill estate. He was a very down to earth, nice guy. He sort of reminded Harry of Davy a bit, except Jack didn't have any obvious mental health problems and he seemed to like reality a lot more than Davy. Harry wished he could feel the same but he wasn't quite there yet. He felt like he was waiting for something to come along and make him want to rejoin the rest of the world but so far he had nothing.