Chapter 14

Hooked Chapter 14, a harry potter fanfic | FanFiction

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Harry Potter

Warnings: Drug abuse, Bad language

Chapter Fourteen

"They're taking the house away?" asked Harry indecorously "Why?" he asked into the receiver. Harry was sitting in his usual place on the astronomy tower balcony with a cigarette in his hand and his phone in the other. He was wrapped up in as many clothes he could find as it was now midday in the middle of November and it had gotten considerably colder.

"They found out my dad doesn't live here anymore so they stopped all the benefits coming in" Davy said dully

"But you have money coming in, don't you?" asked Harry, he knew Davy made quite a lot through selling drugs and he had a few part time jobs.

"Yeah but the house didn't belong to us in the first place, it's a council house and it was in my dad's name" he said bitterly

"How did they find out your dad wasn't there?" asked Harry

"No fucking idea, probably that old bitch of a neighbour that kept calling the cops on us every time dad got pissed and fell asleep in her front garden" replied Davy and Harry could tell he rolled his eyes while saying this.

"Sorry mate. Where you gonna go?" asked Harry. He wished he could help Davy out like he had to him in the past.

"Will said I could stay at his for a while but I don't know after a while..." he said

"Why don't you just stay at Wills permanently? Well until you can get your own place and all that" said Harry. Will and Davy were practically best mates.

"Well..." said Davy and he sounded a bit hesitant "Me and Will had a bit of an argument... it's all good now but I don't really wanna get under his feet"

"Okay..." said Harry wondering what the argument was about, he had never seen either of them argue, Will didn't seem like a guy that would start an argument.

"I wish I could help you out mate but I'm stuck in this school for the next year" said Harry depressed.

"It's okay" said Davy also sounding unusually sad. "Hey by the way when do you want to next meet up?"

"Err what day is it today?" asked Harry

"Monday I think" said Davy and Harry inwardly cursed 'Occlumency tonight' he thought to himself

"How about tomorrow?" asked Harry

"Sounds good"

So they arranged the time and the place to see each other tomorrow and said their goodbyes. Harry did feel really bad for Davy getting kicked out. Why was he always so unable to help other people? He thought to himself. So many people including Davy have helped him in the past but Harry is never able to help them when they need it. It made him feel so hopeless.

It was currently lunch time and Harry had decided once again go for a black 'Irish' coffee instead of food and spend his time talking to Davy on the phone. There was about 10 minutes of lunch left before lessons started so he went down towards the great hall to tell Ella about tomorrow.

"Hey Ella" he said sitting next to her at the Gryffindor table. Opposite her were two 7th years that Harry didn't know the names of.

"Hi. Are you gonna eat today or just stare at your plate?" she asked with raised eyebrows. She had noticed how tired he was, it was starting to show a little through the glamour's and he was acting stranger. Harry noticed a group of students behind the two 7th years staring at him and whispering. He really hated it when people stared at him. 'What if they were planning something?' Thought Harry.