Chapter 20

Hooked Chapter 20, a harry potter fanfic | FanFiction

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Harry Potter

Warnings: Drug abuse, Bad language

Hooked Chapter 20

It was only 8pm when Harry returned to the castle. He had managed to get the knight bus for free back to Hogsmeade after promising Stan that he would pay double next time. He had calmly walked in through the gates and was met by a frantic looking Remus and Bill.

"Harry, where have you been?" asked Remus weakly, looking Harry over very carefully

"Just for a walk"

"You've been gone 8 hours" said Bill disbelievingly

"That's what you get when you lock someone up for 6 days straight"

Bill and Remus looked uncertainly at Harry. He didn't seem high, he stilled looked like a complete mess but he was acting okay...

"So what's for tea?" asked Harry breaking the silence

Xxxxxx

After a full health check off Madam Pomfrey and having what must have been the 3rd blood test that week he was allowed to eat a small Christmas dinner in the cosy and empty staffroom with Remus and Tonks and Bill, who decided to stick around for a while before going back to the Weasley's. Harry could tell Remus was very concerned about him but thankfully he kept it to himself, which probably Healer Johnsons doing. He was still extremely tired and felt a bit sick, more symptoms of withdrawal, but it was nice just to listen to the odd groups conversations about unimportant stuff and funny stories from Hogwarts. He would join the conversation a couple of times and answer a few questions but he mostly just watched and listened.

"So how are thinks going?" asked Bill as Tonks and Remus were deep in conversation over an old Runes professor

"Okay" replied Harry mildly smiling slightly. He was sitting nearest the fire in a comfy armchair.

Bill smiled back and nodded slightly

"Glad to hear it. Its probably a good thing you skipped Christmas at ours this year, Fred and George set off fireworks in the attic which busted a pipe totally soaking the whole house. I don't think mum has stopped screaming yet."

Harry smiled again, something he wasn't really used to yet.

"I kinda wished I'd had seen that..." he started but then turned to look at the eldest Weasley

"Hey... I wanted to say I'm sorry about the whole hospital thing... I wasn't really thinking and... I shouldn't have put you in that position" he said slowly and thoughtfully realising that there was a lot of stuff to fix. Fixing things right now seemed like an okay thing to do. It would maybe get his mind of everything so he wouldn't have to think about what had happened over the last few months.

"Don't mention it" said Bill "You weren't in a good place"

"Thanks" replied Harry genuinely

Harry was grateful that Bill didn't go into it too much right now. The evening eventually ended and at around midnight everyone started to leave. It looked liked Remus wanted to come and talk to him but Madam Pomfrey collected him before he had a chance to.

Once he got back into the confines of his room he went over to the small pile of presents and cards he had left before and started to open them. The first one looked like it was from Ron and Hermione

Hi Harry

I'm sorry for everything that has happened. I wish we could have helped you more and have known what to do. We just want you to know that whatever happens we'll always be here for you. Hope your having an Okay Christmas