Chapter 7

Hooked Chapter 7, a harry potter fanfic | FanFiction

Hooked

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Harry Potter

Warnings: Child abuse, drug abuse, fairly bad language

Chapter Seven

Hermione, Ron and Harry made their way into the great hall for the start of term feast and sat in their usual places on the Gryffindor table. Heads turned as Harry walked in and at least half the hall was standing up to get a glimpse of 'the-chosen-one'. Harry just tried to keep his head up high and ignore the staring and the whispers. He wished people would stop looking at him though. He didn't deserve the attention or the awed looks, he shouldn't be rewarded for getting someone killed.

Once he had sat down he scanned the hall for people he knew. He saw some of the Ravenclaw friends he made last year during DA and his other friends from Hufflepuff like Ernie and Hannah. He then looked over towards the Slytherin table and spotted Draco Malfoy and his goons. Harry knew he needed to be wary of Malfoy after the Department of Mysteries last year. He made it clear that he wanted revenge and he could easily get help from his fellow Slytherins as most of their dads are death eaters. He really needed to watch his back this year and he would start by making a list of all the people he would need to look out for and training more so he was ready when the next attack came. Knowing Harry's luck, it would be pretty soon. He laid his head on the tabled waiting for the food to come.

"Harry?" he heard someone say in his ear while prodding him

"Harry! Wake up!"

Harry opened his eyes and looked up to see the table covered in food of every kind and drinks. Hermione backed off seeing he was now awake.

"Was happen?" asked Harry sleepily sitting up and sniffing and rubbing his nose. Seamus and Dean, who were sitting by him, laughed at him.

"You bored Harry?" laughed Seamus. Harry just have a small laugh and turned to Hermione.

"You fell asleep during the sorting" said Hermione

"Lucky him, he didn't have to listen to sorting hat go on and on" said Ron

"Ron it had some pretty important information in that song about you know who"

"Yeah whatever" replied Ron "You missed Dumbledore's speech as well"

"Anything interesting?" asked Harry

"Just some stuff about you-know-who and how we must all stay united, the usual" said Ron

"Hmm" said Harry. He couldn't believe he fell asleep at the Gryffindor table, if he wanted to keep on using at Hogwarts he would have to try and disguise it better.

After the feast everyone was completely full, except for Harry who barely touched his food as he was starting to feel sick. Everyone was making their way out of the hall when Malfoy decided to make his presence known.

"How were your holidays Potter?" Draco started "I heard your dog died" he shouted across the entrance hall.

"Say that again Malfoy to my face" shouted Harry back. This was the one good thing about coming back to Hogwarts; he could hurt somebody, somebody who deserved it. He had spent most the holidays feeling angry with no release besides quite a few drunken fights, quite a few he had managed to win, but this would be better. Draco wasn't just some random drunk guy that made a bad comment or started harassing a friend. Draco had tried to pick on him for years now for no reason, his family have tried to kill him on numerous occasions now and his dear aunt killed his only father figure. All this and everything Harry has been through in his life and this rich kid comes to make fun of him, it made him want to kill someone.