Chapter 21

Hooked Chapter 21, a harry potter fanfic | FanFiction

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Harry Potter

Warnings: Bad language.

Hope you enjoy...

Hooked Chapter 21

The withdrawals were starting to get better. Once you had gotten the first 48 hours out of the way it wasn't as bad, there would be periods of nausea, headaches and tiredness for the next week or so. Harry had already completed the agonising 48 hours of pain and was now suffering the 'after effects' of the withdrawal. But he didn't have time to think about that as today was the day of Davy's send off.

The last few days had gone slowly for Harry. As his mind was clearing up he was starting to feel claustrophobic and even slightly embarrassed. He felt self conscious that so many people knew about his drug addiction. He knew that Ron and Hermione would know by now along with the Weasley family and probably most the staff... including Snape. He also guessed that most of the Order would know as well seeing as everything he did was discussed by the group. Harry didn't like that he was stuck in Hogwarts while he was most vulnerable. He wished he could have gone off and hid away at some far off hospital and deal with this on his own. Maybe it was because he was used to dealing with his own problems while growing up so he felt that this was all so unnecessary.

Harry tiredly started putting tying his shoes up and got up off the bed. The gathering would start at 3 but he was meeting up with Lucy and Summer first in a cafe in West Hill just near the graveyard he had already visited the other night. Even though he had already been buried it seemed appropriate to go back together and pay their respects. Lupin was going to take him to West Hill with Tonks but they said they would keep their distance and would only be there to make sure no death eaters decided to drop by.

Harry still didn't really know how to feel about everything yet. The drug withdrawal had left him confused, tired and depressed but slightly happy at the same time at the thought that things would hopefully sort themselves out. As he was just contemplating what exactly would happen in the future there was a knock at the door and Lupin entered with a sad smile.

"You ready?" asked Lupin

"Yeah" replied Harry distantly

They walked out of Harry's room in the hospital wing and met Tonks in Madam Pomfrey's office. They then all wordlessly held onto the piece of parchment, their port key, and appeared in an alley in West Hill near the cafe where he was meeting the girls.

"Harry we'll be watching you closely to make sure nothing happens, okay?" said Lupin almost sternly

"I'll be fine" he replied meeting Lupin's gaze "Thanks"

Lupin and Tonks watched Harry walk across the busy street and into the cafe. In all honesty Lupin had disagreed with this outing. It hasn't even been 2 weeks since he'd last taken drugs and overdosed and they're letting him go back to the very same people who gave him the drugs in the first place. He had argued but eventually Healer Johnson had over ruled him saying that it was only this guy David who took the drugs with him and the others would help him grieve and get himself back together.

"Otherwise in the future Harry would look back on his drug taking with that group and see it as a happy time and a state of mind for when things go bad, he'll see it as a place to escape to" The healer had said "He won't have seen the real consequences and effect on the group, the grief, the loss and the anger"

It didn't make much sense to Lupin but he knew for a fact he was going to watch Harry like a Hawk during the next few hours.

As Harry entered the coffee shop he found Lucy sitting by herself at a small table in the corner. He slowly walked up towards her and coughed slightly to get her attention. She looked up suddenly and eyed him over before standing up and giving him a tight hug. Harry gave a small quick laugh and hugged back.