sixteen

i sat nervously on the couch. i was wearing jeans, one of lannan's hoodies, and converse. lannan noticed and laughed. "they'll love you." he says making me smile slightly. "why do i basically live in your hoodies?" i say with a genuine laugh. lannan laughs and shakes his head. then the door opened.

"hey bodhi!" lannan says with a huge smile as he stands up and catches a running body in his arms. "uncle lannan!" the small child screams with a smile as he throws himself into lannans arms. lannan then puts his down and points him towards me.

i smile and kneel on the floor. "hi!" i say as he hides behind lannan. "hi." he whispers. "i'm y/n." i say with a laugh. "i'm b-bodhi." he says, his voice slightly muffled through lannan's jeans. "i've heard a lot about you." i say. "don't be shy bodhi." lannan says making bodhi slowly come out.

"you're very pretty." he says making me laugh. "thank you!" i say making lannan fake an offended face. "watch yourself, bodhi." he says making bodhi giggle. "are you uncle lenny's girlfriend?" he asks fully in front of me now. "yeah." i say with a nod making him gasp.

"uncle lenny has a girlfriend! uncle lenny has a girlfriend!" he chants loudly, running around. lannan then moves the party upstairs. bodhi and i play with willeh when lannan sends him down for a drink. "he loves you." he says, grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him.

"well i love him too." i say with a smile. lannan smiles softly before connecting our lips. "ew!" a small voice yells making us pull away. "lannan how could you!?" i say, trying not to laugh as i go to stand by bodhi. "that's gross uncle lenny!" he yells making me laugh before nodding.

"oh no! he's going to get us bodhi!" i say before taking his hand and running out. we ran down the stairs and outside. we yell as lannan chases behind us. go bodhi! i'll sacrifice myself!" i say pointing to my yard. "okay!" he says before hugging me. he then ran to my yard.

i shriek as i feel arms wrap around my waist. my feet are then a few feet off the ground making me close my eyes tightly. "got you." i hear lannan whisper. his breath on my ear makes me shiver slightly. lannan then put me down as i turned to face him.

"i guess you did." i whisper before connecting our lips. lannan ran his tongue on my bottom lip, but i pulled away. "bodhi." i said making him nod, with a pout. i then turned towards my house and saw bodhi hiding behind the tree.

"let's get him." i said before taking lannan's hand and running towards my yard. lannan distracted him as i went behind him and picked him up. "got you!!" i yelled as bodhi screamed loudly. "game over." i then said making him laugh.

"that was fun!" he said as i set him down. he then skipped over to lannan's house as i turned to lannan. "he's adorable isn't he?"

—//—

"bye bodhi!" i said as i waved back at him from the door as he waved through the window. when he was out of view i closed the door. i then went up to lannan's room. "hey y/n?" lannan asked as i plopped on the bed. "yeah?" i asked as i turned to him. "do you ever want to, you know, have kids?" he asked making my eyes widen.

i sat up quickly and turned to him. i then opened my mouth to speak. "obviously not now!" lannan rushed out as he held up his hands. "just, you know, eventually." he whispered, his gaze on the floor. i got up with a soft smile and sat on lannan's lap. i then put my finger under his chin and lifted it slightly, so he was forced to look at me.

"me and you?" i said making lannan bite his lip. i smiled before leaning in and whispering, "we're forever."

————
word count-687 words