seventeen

i woke up to tannar shaking me. "ta-," i started but she shushed me. she pointed to lannan, who was still asleep, and gestured me out of the room. i quietly followed her making sure to not wake up lannan, as i crept out of his arms. i followed her into her room.

she closed the door quietly before sitting on her bed. "aren't you gonna sit?" she asked making me nod. i crossed my legs as i sat next to her. "y/n.." she started making me nod. "yeah?" i asked, a bit worried.

"we should talk about how lannan's moving back to sydney." she said making me look down. "oh." i whispered. "wait, you don't know?!" she exclaimed. i shook my head no. she got up, muttering to herself and left the room. i then heard her yelling.

she then returned but this time with lannan behind her. as i saw him i avoided eye contact and looked down at my hands. lannan sat next to me and tannar sat across from us. "lannan, why didnt you tell her?" tannar asked looking, a bit angry.

"i was going t-," he hesitated slightly, before answering. "but you didn't." i whispered, cutting him off. "y/n-," he started. "i think i need some time to myself." i said, cutting him off again. "no, y/n. please i- i- i- i didn't mean for you to find out like this." he said following me as i got up.

my hand was on the knob as i whispered with tears streaming down my cheeks, "that's not my problem."
—————
word count-270 words