eighteen

i went home and slept in. when i woke up it was 17:49. (5:49 pm.) i groaned as i remembered why i was even waking up at this time. nina then knocked and opened the door. i sat up and looked at her. "come in." i said.

"hey, you alright?" she asked coming in and closing the door. "you looked pretty upset." she said, sitting on the corner of my bed.

"you're also never here anymore so it has to be serious." she said, adjusting her glasses. she loved her glasses, even though they didn't actually help her eye sight since she had perfect vision. she just looked great in them. "lannan's moving to sydney." i said with a sigh, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"so?" she asked making me laugh. "i live here." i said making her laugh this time. "i mean why dont you guys just move in together." she said, with a shrug. "i havent known him for that long." i said which she sighed at.

"sometimes, people just click." she said crossing her legs, and scooting closer to me in the process so she didn't fall off. "sometimes, you meet someone and just know," she said taking my hands. "i'm going to spend the rest of my life with this person."

"sometimes, you just know; you're amazing, and beautiful, and i'm going to put the most important vulnerable part off me in your hands." she said, looking at me seriously. "because, even if i've known you for a good hour, i trust you." she said making tears fill my eyes.

"so you're going to go over there." she said, tears filling her eyes as well. "and tell him. that he means the fucking world to you. and you're not going to lose him." she said making me sob. i then nodded. i smiled, tears streaming down my cheeks as i nodded.

i sniffled as she took my face in her nods. she then nodded and smiled as well. and then i laughed. and then she laughed. and we laughed together as she wiped my tears. and then i got up and left.

————
word count:366 words