When the Rebels Were Faster

I've been taking meals in my room. I've been doing everything in my room. I can't face Maxon. It's only been a few days since we fought but I guess I can't be mad that he's giving me space. Stupid, America, stupid. I was still so mad at him, but a part of me wanted him to come to my room, to not give me the space I had asked for. No, demanded for in the heat of the argument.

I try find ways to pass the time and distract myself. I play the violin, piano, I even tried the flute. When music didn't work I would go to my balcony and look out at the gardens, and my sweet maids would bring me tea. I would draw, read, and at this point just sit. I wish I could talk to my maids about this, I needed to tell someone, but trying to bring it up the feelings of rage, disgust, and hurt come rushing back.

What's even worse was not only was he caught making out with Celeste not even that long ago, not only does he talk about Kriss like she's heaven on earth, but this takes the cake ....

*flashback to four days ago*

As I breezed down the hall I passed one of the many windows to the garden. I can't help but smile and think of Maxon. Sure we had are flaws, and bumps in the road, but we were a good us. I faintly recall catching him and Celeste in the hallway, and him getting suddenly closer with Kriss. I push those thoughts to the back of my head and continue walking.

At the end of the hall I hear a voice drifting out from a crack of an open parlor door.

"Isn't it a beautiful ring. I picked it out myself." That was definitely Maxon's voice. Who was he talking to? I peered my head in. I could see Maxon, and the ring. It really was beautiful. Two white diamonds inter-swirled into an infinity symbol, silver lining. But then a third figure moved into sight, blocking the ring. A blonde girl. Natalie? It had to be. She was the only blonde left in the competition. Why was Maxon showing her a ring? No.

I was too shocked to hear the blonde's response. I gasped before I could stop myself, and with that I ran as quietly as I could, not quietly at all. Stupid shoes, I thought. I could care less about the shoes, though. What really hurt was my gut wrenching with horror and the knife Maxon just left in my back.

Maxon finally caught up to me. I didn't give him a chance to talk though.

"Really Maxon? At Halloween you were talking about proposing, an I know we have had some ups and downs from there, but showing a girl engagement rings?" I yell, already knowing what he was going to stay, " What am I supposed to think about that? What did you expect me to think about that?" I say, tears streaming down my face.

For a moment, there was silence. Pain seised me and was taking over. He looked down at the floor,trying to figure out oh to explain this. But before he could speak I spoke again, "Please," I say now, very quietly, "I just need a little space now." I choked the last part out as I open my door.

Those last words I partially regret, but I was too mad to care. I walk into my room before he could say anything, shut the door with a little more force than I meant, and plop down on the bed. I don't bother calling my maids to get me ready for bed. I don't bother getting into a nightgown or under the covers. I simply fall asleep.

*Back to present day*

It's been four days. I suppose I'll have to go to breakfast tomorrow or people will assume something's up. I sigh, already dreading tomorrow. I'll just have to put on a brave face and avoid Maxon. Maybe I'll spend the day in the women's room....

That's when I heard it. I'd only heard it once before, but there was no doubt about it: the rebel alarm. The rebels were in the palace. North or South? I wondered. North or South? I just stood there for a minute, shocked. Then my adrenaline kicked in. Realizing I had to move, and quickly, I went to run to one of the secret safe rooms hidden in the hall, but apparently I was too slow. Before I could even make it to the door, some one's hand was covering my mouth and I was being dragged away.

Soooo what did you think of the first part? I hope you liked (or loved) it. I have MAJOR plans too eheheh :D Please feel free to comment what you think. Maybe even vote? Am I pushing my luck? xD... Anyway: Did the Northern or Southern rebels attack? Who was behind America dragging her away? Was she being kidnapped? These questions will be answered in the Next Chapter. Anyway Have an amazing day (or night) :)

Love and Hugs <3

Mer/woofpaws