What Happened

I turn the corner, coming across the other shelves of books. The feeling comes back not a moment later. The pit in my stomach has settled in, and I stiffly make my way, skimming books on the shelf, ignoring the urge to run.

Thud.

I heard something drop behind me. Spinning around violently, this being the first sound I've heard not caused by me, a lump in my throat begins to form. On the ground lays the leather-covered, beaten up, untitled book.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I hesitate before slowly making my way towards where the book fell. Bending down, I pick up the book, examining the cover, then looking up, trying to find the place if fell from. There were a few books that fell to the side.

What? How is that possible? It couldn't just fall of the shelf, could it? I run my hand down the cover, feeling the old leathery material. Cautiously, I take a deep breath-preparing myself for what I'm about to find in this book.

The book Celeste knows something weird about. The book with no title. I toss the book around in my hands a bit, trying to guess what was in it that was so important. The only conclusion that I came to was that I'm wasting time.

I sigh and slowly start opening the book, deciding to open to a random page. As the book opens I squint my eyes, not really sure I want to see what's inside. The though that it could help me in what ever situation this was that I was in, I slowly open my eye lids. I'm staring at the book, eyes wide open, but before I could even glance at any information,

my eyes jolt open.

I'm laying in my bed, on top of the comforter. My body is unmoving, but my eyes are moving everywhere. My breathing increased drastically. What just happened. I stare up at the ceiling trying to run my memory.

I turn m head to look out the window. The sunlight was coming in through the window, but not much. It looks as if the sun had just risen. I rest my head on the pillow, closing my eyes and thinking things over.

A sneeze on my right. I jolt up, scared half to death.

It was just Maxon. I'm having deja vu, from after I was kidnapped.

"Maxon, you scared me half to death!" I say, sitting up an adjusting my pillows.

"America your awake!" he exclaimed, ignoring my comment and hugging me tightly.

"Yeah......but I was only out for a couple hours, right?" I ask.

"Try a couple days. Three to be exact." Doctor Ashlar said, walking in past the door I didn't realize was still open.

"What?!" I say. That can't be possible. I was just in the library. I stayed quiet, trying to wrap my brain around this when I remember. The book.

"Maxon," I asked in a sweet voice, "Can you find Celest and send her to me?" I ask. He looked taken aback by the odd favor, but nodded. Doctor Ashlar checked my some vitals and my conditions to make sure I hadn't gotten a concussion. Then he left to get Advil for my head, and a glass of water.

A minute later Celeste rushed in frantically.

"America your ok! What happened?" she asked.

"Celeste," I say, completely ignoring her question, "What in the book?" I ask. She looked taken aback by the odd timing, and question itself.

"Why?"

I stand up, walking over to my bookcase, confirming my beliefs. The book was gone. Celeste, noticing this also, grew increasingly worried.

"Where is it? How are we even going to find --" I cut her off. "Check the library." I said, facing away from her, hand touching the spot the book once was. She nodded and sped off, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

After five minutes of boredom and wandering around my room I decided to write to Georgia what happened. I figured she had knowledge on most of the book in this palace, so she might be able to help, but since I didn't know what was actually in the book I was vague.

"Hey!" I heard a voice call out. It seemed familiar, but not very. "You should be on bedrest!"

I see Ashly Ashlar rush into my room, holding a tray with a glass of water. She places it down on the bedside table and turned to me.

"My dad told me to bring this to you. I don't know what happened but I hope your okay." she said. "I have to go back now, he's training me right now." she excused herself and left.

I sat on the bed and read a book I picked off the shelf, noticing Blue's tail sticking out from under the bed. I stuck my hand under, receiving a lick. Blue then proceeded to army crawl out from under the bed and jump on the bed, laying his head on my lap.

Maxon came in a while later, carrying food. Me and Blue's heads poked up at the smell, and Maxon laughed.

"It smells so good!" I exclaimed. It was the same stew from the other night, but I didn't mind having it again. I scoot over to the other side of the bed, take he Aspin Ashly had given me and down the water.

He then places the food on my beside table, on the empty tray, and we eat. Silence endured for a couple of minutes before he spoke, "What happened?" he asked, as if I were fragile. I remained casual though. Besides, the scary part was whatever I had experience in the middle. The 'alternate universe' thing.

"Well, I felt a sharp pang in my head, and then blacked out." I shrugged. This seems to be a reoccurrence for me. Quite frankly, I'm surprised I didn't get kidnapped. Again.

We withheld conversation until we were done eating, and then his stood.

"Would you, um, mind if I use your shower?" He asked shyly. Adorable.

"If you brought spare clothes." I say. He smiled and held up some light grey sweatpants, and a white long-sleeved shirt, then proceeding to the bathroom.

While he was in there I played with Blue, using his favorite stuffed toy, a moose. I'd toss it and he'd bring it back, and we repeated this process until I heard footsteps outside. I threw the toy one last time before the door swung open, revealing a welcoming face.

Georgia had a big smile on her face as she stepped inside, but as she opened her mouth to speak, I head a click behind me, and Maxon stepped out of the bathroom.

____________________________________________________________________________

Ahhhhhhh! Another chapter done! And early! How do you think Maxon will react to Georgia? (considering America t ha gotten kidnapped and just woke from being unconscious I'm assuming not well.) Anyway I hope you love this chapter! Have a great day/night! ily(all)sm! :D

Hugs and Love <3

Mer/woofpaws