Fight of the Maids

I put my forehead on Maxon's chest and groaned. "That was so embarrassing." I heard Maxon laugh.

"What's so embarrassing about us, my dear." I roll my eyes at his 'my dear' comment.

"Well my older sister, who I have known since birth, just witnessed me making out with someone." I said.

Maxon opened his mouth, but before he could speak, the door swung open again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I shot my head up and froze.

"No! It's my brother! That's why you can't date him!" I heard I voice yell. I voice I thought I'd neve here yell.

Maxon and I shared a glance, and my limbs froze, disabling the possibility of moving off of Maxon before things got any more intrusive..

"But I love him, don't you understand that?!" a second voice yelled. They hadn't notice me and Maxon's little randevu yet, but I had a feeling that wouldn't last long. I stared at Maxon, wide-eyed, and it looked as if he was trying to hold back a laugh. I softly punch his chest, but a laugh threatens to escape my mouth.

"Well get over---Oh my!" We've been spotted. I awkwardly hop off of Maxon, stumbling on my one foot and balancing myself with Maxon's shoulders. I cough awkwardly, and Maxon-now standing slightly behind me- started laughing lightly. I gently elbowed him in the ribs. That just made him laugh more.

Anne and Lucy stared back at us, utter shock painted on their face.

"So, uh, what's wrong?" I ask, though concluding from what I already heard I could take a pretty sable guess.

Anne then wipes a tear rolling down her cheek, but keeps quiet. Lucy kept a tight face, but I noticed upon seeing me and Maxon some of the rage in her eyes relieved, and were replaced by admiration.

I cleared my throat and turned to Maxon. "Maxon, I love you I really do, but I think I need to help these two right now." I said, nudging my head at the two maids. "Talk to you later?" I asked.

"Okay, there's some paperwork to catch up on." he said, though his tone unenthusiastic. "Be darling." He gave me a quick kiss and left out the already open door.

I tuned back to Anne and Lucy.

"So what's the problem? "I asked. There was a moment of silence before Anne burst into tears. Clearly they can't stay in the same room and be able to make progress. I improvise.

"Okay, Anna," I walk over to my desk, tear a piece of paper and write 'can we meet for tea tomorrow?' and fold it, handing it to Anne, " can you bring this to Marlee for me while I talk to Lucy?" She nodded, wiping her tears as she left.

I turn to Lucy. "What's going on?" I ask. She walks over to my bed, sits on the end of my bed and stays silent for a second. Then, "She's dating my brother."

"Okay," I say slowly, "but why is that a problem?"

"Because its weird! Their not just dating their I love!" she said louder, exasperatedly throwing her hands in the air.

"Don't you want them both to be happy?" I responded with. I know it's not my place in what goes on in their personal lives but their not just my maids, their my friends.

"I-I do, just not with each other." She turned her head away from me, clearly ashamed of what she just said.

"Okay, think about it like this," I said, trying another way of getting through to her, "Aspen is like a brother to me, what if I told you not to date him?"

She was quiet a moment. "I-I guess you make a point. It's just so weird, but if their in love...." she trailed off. Catching that everything I could do was done, I gave her a quick hug for support, and left her to her thoughts.

~-~

Walking through the hall, I decided to visit Kenna, and hope to explain away the situation she caught us in. I thought up about twenty different excuses before I got to her door. I hesitated a second, but decide to knock.

I waited a minute or two before smacking my palm to my face. They're at dinner. I hesitate before deciding that I wasn't hungry. I continue my walk, planning on going out to the garden, but exhaustion hit me like a train.

I decided to walk back to my room, and just crash into bed. I started walking back to my room in an exhausted daze. Halfway there, my stomach grumbled. I made a quick stop to the kitchen, grapping an apple and a glass of water. Taking care to sip my drink and place it in the sink after. Leaving the kitchen I took a couple bites out of the apple.

Heading, once again, to my room I made a self note to write to Georgia in the morning about getting her to stay in the palace for a short bit. Maybe Maxon would let August stay as well.

My room seemed so far away, not to mention me trudging along very slowly. It really has been an exhausting day, and despite my nap in the library earlier I was still beyond tired. It didn't help that I felt a dull throb in my ankle.

Finally making it to my room, I head to my desk to throw my half eaten apple in the waste bin. I stopped for a second, evaluation my room. Something had seemed off. I turned around, feet staying in the same spot.

I assumed Lucy had left my room a while ago, whether to cry, contemplate what I said, or confront or apologize to Anne-I have no idea.

I walk into my bathroom, going over to the sink to wash my face. I turned the faucet on and splashed my face with cold water. I wavered on taking a shower before I go to sleep, but ultimately decided against it.

I dry my face and change out of my dress, and into a pair of sleeping shorts and a light grey sweatshirt Maxon ha gifted me.

I went to close my door when a searing pain shot through my head. I fell to the floor, and the last thing I see is darkness cornering my vision.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ahhhhhhh! I'm really tired right now......Anyway, this wasn't a very interesting chapter, I know-it's more of a fluff chapter for the next three chapters which I'm so exited for! I hope you all liked this and ily(all)s. Have a wonderful day/night and comment what you think happened to America.

Hugs and Love <3

Mer/woofpaws