Caught

Not a moment later Maxon came back in. I stood on one foot, and he rushed to stabilize me.

"America shouldn't you sit dear?" He creased his eyebrows in light worry.

"I'll be fine, plus you haven't even told me what the surprise is yet." I pouted.

"Well--I " Maxon's voice gets cut off by another very familiar voice.

"America? AMERICA!" I whip around to see . . . . . . . . . . . .

________________________________________________________________________________

I gasp, utterly shocked. Coming through the door was a person I hadn't seen in such a long time. Too long of a time.

A break into an awkward limping run, ignoring the new-found throb of my ankle and the pounding in my head.

"KENNA!" I scream with immense joy. She runs up and engulfs me in a tight hug, and we stay like that for a few minutes.

"I've missed you so much!" she said, sniffling a bit. When we pulled away she put her hands on my shoulders, "You look so beautiful." she smiled. I smoothed my white and grey day dress with my hands and blushed.

"I missed you so much too!" and then I remembered, "Wait, where's James and--," Just then James walks in, holding a beautiful newborn in his arms. I gasp at how amazingly adorable she is.

Kenna smiled as James walked up, handing the baby to her. "She's so beautiful." I whispered, admiration in my eyes.

"Her name is Astra." looking at the baby, cooing. "Would you like to hold her? "she asked, still looking down at Astra. I nod and she gingerly places Astra in my hands. I wrap one arm to support her head and the other under her back to support her body. I look up at Kenna, to find her mouth open for a split second in a small gasp. She then closed her mouth and looked up at me with a huge smile and a knowing look in her eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, I just think we need to catch up soon." she said with a sly smile.

"What about tomorrow for dinner?" I ask. I really wanted to know what was going on with my family, I haven't seen them in so long.

"I can't, James and I have a dinner date." she gave her husband a smile. She looks down at Astra, "She must really like you, hen mom tried to hold her she started crying." We shared a light laugh, and I looked down at a peaceful Astra smiling. "She's so precious." I said quietly.

I looked back up at Kenna, planning to ask how the rest of our family was, when I noticed her focusing in son something just past my shoulder. "Kenna?" I ask.

I turned my head and found the source of her staring. Maxon was standing just behind me, hands behind his back, an adoring smile plastered across his face.

Kenna clears her throat, " America, do you know where our room is?" she asked. Before I could answer with a 'no' Maxon spoke.

"Yes, I have a guard waiting outside of the Great Hall door to escort you." he turns back to me, "America, my dear, I'll let you say your goodbyes."

I turn back to Kenna, "I'll come visit your room tomorrow. Maybe we could have lunch together?" she said.

"Sounds great!" I smiled and carefully handed Astra back to Kenna, then turned back to Maxon. "Maxon how will I get tomy room?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" asked Kenna.

"I sprained my ankle, Doctor Ashlar told me not to walk on it." I said with a shrug. Maxon just smiled, and bent down again.