An Unwelcomed Guest

Suddenly Marlee's laugh halted. She looked a bit serious but still had amusement in her eyes.

"Marlee?" I questioned.

"America, I have news, and I wanted to tell you before I tell Carter because I need your opinion on it, and gosh I'm ranting aren't I?" She said at a speedy pace. May continued to braid her hair, but her head perked up to listen.

Marlee spoke again. "Im---"

______________________________________________________________________________

She halted, looking around nervously. She still seemed a bit lighthearted, as she sighed and put on a small smile. Her eyes danced in excitement at her secret batch of news.

She cleared her throat again and smoothed her dress over with her hands.

"America, I'm... pregnant!" She excitedly whispered. I assumed she didn't want this to get out quite yet, and I understand why. The last time someone was pregnant in the castle it was the Queen, and that was about nineteen years ago.

"Marlee, I'm so excited for you!" I jumped up in excitement to hug her. Once I processed the news that is. I do think she's a bit young for children but either way, I would be here to help her,

"Heh, thanks. Your support really means a lot America," she said. We both sat down and started small talking again, only this time about the new addition to her family.

"So do you want a boy or a girl? How many weeks are you? What did Carter say when you told him?" I asked question after question, and she laughed at how fast-rated my questions were.

"Honestly, I think I want a boy right now. I'm only six weeks, but I had just found out the other day. Doctor Ashlar was doing a checkup on all of the kitchen staff that day. As for Carter...." She trailed off, which made me confused.

I gasped when I thought of what it could be. "Its not his?!" I whisper yelled across the table. May's head perked up even more to hear her response to this all.

"No, no, dear god no!" She laughed. "It's his, I just... I haven't told him yet," she responded.

"You haven't told him yet? Why? I'm sure he would be thrilled!" I tried to reason.

"I know, I know. It's not that. I'm scared that if I tell him he would feel the need to protect the castle more to protect me more, and I would rarely get to see him because he would be working double guard shifts." She speedily said in a bit of a rant.

"Marlee, I'm sure everything will be fine. Just talk to him. Communication is very important in a relationship." I said matter-of-fact.

"I guess your right. I need to do this now so I don't procrastinate. Thanks America," she stands to give me and May a hug. "And thanks for the braid May. I'll see you guys later to tell you how it went."

"Okay, good luck." I responded. And with that, it was left to only me and May. She asked about how the Selection was before I was chosen, how Maxon and I fell in love, how many dresses do I think she could have, and if there were any cute boys her age that I've seen around the palace.

I laughed at the ridiculous nature of all of her questions, but as she seemed set on knowing every single detail about how I went through the Selection, I gave up and just told her the story, her interrupting every few seconds to remind me not to leave out a detail.

She gasped and 'awed' at any other sentence I'd say. When I was done she was just about gushing about how cute we were and then rambling on about how she hopes she finds someone to love soon. I laughed as we ran inside, it had started raining on us out of nowhere, and as much as I wanted to stay and play in the rain, May didn't want to get her dress wet.

We continued walking down the halls, I showed her around where I could and we then headed back to my room. When we walked into my room she asked bout the other girls, and why they were still there. I explained it as best I could before a maid popped her head in (we had left the door open).

"Miss? Prince Maxon requires you in the Great Hall." I nod my head and dismiss her. Standing up, I take May's hand and pull her up as well. "Come on, let's go find mom and dad's room. I need to drop you off there."

"Why can't I just stay with you?" she whined with big puppy dog eyes and a pouted lip.

"Because my fiancée requires me right now." I said in a playful tone, knowing she would soften the minute I said 'fiancée'.

"Ugh, fine." she caved. We wove in and out of corridors trying to find the guest rooms. Once we finally found their room I said goodbye and left while May knocked on the door.

I managed to make it back to my room to grab an asprin for my throbbing ankle (which I hadn't noticed till now), and head back out the door towards the Great Hall. Walking to the Great Hall from my room twice in one day was weird, very deja vue.

Once I got to the Great Hall I poked my head in the doorway to see Maxon rough-housing with Blue. It honestly made my heart melt, it was adorable. I walked in and towards Maxon, and cleared my throat with an almost laugh.

"Oh. Oh! America!" he said with hints of embarrassment at the display.

"Aww, I don't want to cut into your time with Blue." I said smiling, in a playful tone.

"No, no, I have something to show you." He said, undoubtedly changing the subject. He linked his arm around mine, like how we did on our first 'date', and he lead me down the corridor to a hallway I've never seen before stopping right in front of a metal door.

He looked nervous. "So, I wasn't sure if you wanted to see this person, from what I've heard at least, but I decided to set this up so you can talk and see if you want him to stay with the rest of your family."

An ice chill ran down my back and hot rage filled my insides. If the person who I think is in there, then there is no good outcome in this situation.

But, the logical part of me reasoned, he could have changed. We'll just see about that.

So I nod once towards Maxon, put my hand on the door handle, and step inside.

The room is pretty bare, with no windows, no color, only a table and a chair on either side. In the chair sat the person who made my suspicion correct. The asshole himself.

When he saw me he smirked.

"Hi." Kota said.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ahhhhhhhh! So FuN rIgHt! Anyway more tea to come. I'm trying to post more frequently but it might be hard cause school for me starts in two weeks :0 Anyway, thanks for reading, ilyasm and have a great day/night. :)

Love and Hugs <3

Meri