The Untitled Book

"Of course, I guess I understand. Now, can I stay over for a bit to talk?" she asked.

"Oh, sure." I said. I really was starting to enjoy her company. What did she want to talk about though?

"So," she said looking around at first, "do you believe in the impossible?"

_____________________________________________________________________________

As soon as a faint hesitant "yes" escaped my mouth Celeste was practically dragging me to an unknown somewhere towards the downstairs West Wing. Do I believe in the impossible? What on earth is this girl talking abut now?

As we seemed to near the mystery place I decided to ask, "Celeste where are we going?"

"Library" she panted, out of breath.

The Library? What 'impossibility' could possibly be in the library? But before I could voice my thoughts a shrill ringing started. The rebels.

Celeste stopped dead in her tracks, and I could see the extra concern on her face, considering last time this happened I was taken. Luckily for us, the library had a safe room around the corner.

As we reached the library's saferoom I was still in debate about what to do. Was it northern or southern? I could almost laugh at how much one detail could change the whole situation.

Celeste, not seeing my hesitation, dragged me through to a seemingly normal picture of a mountain range. She put her impeccably painted nails on the landscape portrait to open the saferoom when two hand land on my shoulders. I instantly tense and freeze. This time Celeste noticed as I slowly turned around to let out a large sigh of relief.

It was Georgia. She enveloped me an a tight hug.

"Georgia, what the hell. You scared me!" I said with a half laugh.

Realizing Celeste was still there, I turned around praying this goes well.

"Um, Celeste this is Georgia. Georgia this is my friend Celeste." Calling Celeste my friend felt weird, but right. I guess she really is my friend now.

"Nice to meet you." Georgia said, extending her hand. Celeste took a moment to respond, hesitantly shaking her hand. Suddenly the shrill ringing came back to us.

"Oh god we should hurry." a frantic Celeste said, grabbing another hold on the painting. I turned to Georgia expectantly question in my eyes and with her short nod I could tell she understood my question. Is it safe?

"Celeste its safe." I said, turning to her, obvious confusion in her eyes.

"What do you mea--." she started glancing confused between Georgia and I when Georgia cut her off.

"Please Celeste," she ushered her hands to a set of chairs "Let me explain."

It took a moment, a very tense moment, but Celeste finally nodded, sitting slowly. Georgia and I followed suit. Georgia started talking right away, as if the shrill ringing of the alarm was non-existent.

"Ok, so I know this is awkward considering we just met," Celeste nodded her head, "but please don't freak out. I'm," she inhaled deeply, oh so dramatic -I could almost laugh if the tense situation wasn't already suffocating me. Georgia continued, " I'm a Northern rebel."

We sat in silence for about 7 minutes, though it seemed like an hour. Celeste finally looked at me, a question in her eyes I could only assume to be 'and you trust her, right?' I gave a nod of my head, and she finally spoke, "Northern?"