An Early Visit

"Sure." She replied nonchalantly. I walk over to my desk, tear a small piece of paper, and write 'Sure. Lunch at 1 in the garden. -America'.

"Can you give this to Marlee, she should be in the kitchens." I said. She nodded, taking the piece of paper from my hands. Then I turn to Georgia, guilty look on my face. I don't want her to go home so early, and I don't want to leave her alone in my room, bored.

Seeming to get this, she said, "Don't worry, I'll tag along with Celeste." I nod, and say my goodbyes, heading to the Great Hall wondering what my surprise could be this time.

________________________________________________________________________________

I walk through the halls. My head turning to the window overlook garden as I step down onto the main floor. What could It be this time I wonder? I try to think about plausible options, but I'm stumped.

I heard gravel crunching outside. That can't be right? After a glance out the window with the palace gates in view, I shook my head and continued on down the hall towards the Great Hall.

That's when I heard the footsteps, though not very audible. Taking many glances behind me, I counterargued that there was no one there. It's just paranoia, and rightfully so - you did get kidnapped not long ago. Looking out the nearest window I sighed and continued my walking, ignoring the little spikes of pain in my foot.

There they were again. Instead of looking behind me I quickened my pace down the hall, fear creeping slowly into my mind. What's wrong with me? I'm a fighter, I got away from the kidnapper, and I am perfectly capable of defending myself. With another sigh, though this time determined, I halted and prepared myself to turn around.

When I finally did turn around I let out a bewildered laugh, feeling very silly.

"Blue! You scared me!" I bent down to pet Blue, who was running to catch up with me. A third sigh, a sigh of relief, comes from my mouth. I turn on my heal back towards the Great Hall.

Upon opening the door I walk across the Great Hall to sit on a seat, Blue jumping next to me. Maxon strolled into the Great Hall not long after. He walked over to me, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before grabbing my hands, pulling me up to stand with him.

"Maxon, what's this all about?" I asked, too curious to wait and see. I never really was one for patience.

"You'll see in about," he checked his watch, then pulled his coat sleeve back down, " five minutes." he said. Five minutes, I guess I can wait.

I nodded my head and glanced at Blue, who had taken to falling asleep on the couch.

"Do you have any plans for lunch?" asked Maxon. I turned my head away from the adorable sight on the couch to him.

"Well Marlee and I planned to have lunch around one, but I can raincheck if you need."

"No dear, it's okay. Dinner might be better suited anyhow. Yes, perfect." Maxon replied, and I could see his brain working as he started planning out dinner in his mind.

As curiosity began to eat at me I asked, "Better suited for what?"

He just laughed and looked at me, a twinkle in his eyes telling me to wait and see.

'Could it have something to do with the surprise?' 'Maybe dinner is part of the surprise?' 'Okay, if dinner is linked to the surprise then the surprise has to be a person right?'

I hear Maxon laugh, breaking me from my thoughts. "My dear, I can already tell your overthinking it. Patience, trust me, it'll be worth it."

"But Maxon, hasn't it already been five minutes?" I wined, my impatience growing by the second. My curiosity could hardly be contained by now, and I was eager to find the answer to what the surprise could possibly be this time.

Sound of the door opening startled me. I jerked my head at the sound, catching a bit of whiplash in its wake.

Kenna walked through the doors and up to us with a smile. Suddenly curiosity wasn't the overall feeling, confusion taking over.

"Maxon?" I questioned, wondering if Kenna was the suprise and how that's possible.

Kenna spoke next, "Maxon I assume everything's been set up?" With a nod of his head she then added, "Great, I'll be by the door." and walked away.

"Maxon?" I questioned again, making my tone color my curiosity and confusion for him.

He didn't answer the question my tone asked, but instead just said, "one more minute darling."

"60, 59, 58, ...." Maxon again laughed. "America it's not an exact time."

"Clearly, this has been the longest five minutes of my life," I said, jokingly.

"I have an idea on how to pass the time," he said, his arms circling around me. I laughed at his attempt to be flirtatious, but went along with it.

"Oh, really?" I asked innocently, though some of my playfully-toned giggles broke through my question.

He leaned in closer, as did I, smiles on our face at the silliness of it all. "Yes," he said, and though I had closed my eyes to try to halt my giggles I could hear the smile in his voice.

His arms around me, foreheads pressed together, are lips got closer and closer.

Before anything else happened, the door swung open with an audible gasp following. Following the gasp was an almost deafening squeal.

I swung my head in the direction of the Great Hall door to see my mom, pale as a ghost, most likely from the shock of my and Maxon's display of affection, and May ranting on it.

Once I had the chance to process that they were really here I ran, ignoring my foot's now-forgotten pain and enveloped May in a bear hug.

"May!" I screamed excitedly. "God, your really here!" We sunk to the floor in a hug, mom joining us after getting over her initial shock. I felt two more pairs of arms rapped around us soon after. Dad and Gerard had joined us.

We stayed there on the floor, a big family hug, and the love was almost overwhelming.

Once we got over ourselves we all stood, Kenna coming to stand next to me. I glanced at her to see she was wearing a mischievous smirk. I raised an eyebrow in question when I heard May gasp and then squeal in a very exceptionally deafening pitch that put her first squeal to shame.

______________________________________________________
Ahhhhhhh finally a chapter out! You have no idea how sorry I am for not writing as much. I'm not even going to try to excuse my self but enjoy the chapter and remember I still wrote and this series is notttt going to be over anytime soon. Ily all and have a great day/night.

Love and Hugs <3
Merï