FOUR

" i like him...not you. sorry."

gazzy

i wasn't even excited for my date with kumitrees tonight.

i don't know what it was. metri is cute, tall, he's on the football team, and he even makes music, but yet, i would actually rather watch paint dry than to go on this date.

"so you're still going on that date with kimetrius from the football team?" billie asked me. billie was a freshman girl who sat next to me in my history class, who was moreso one of diego's friends than mine. they were only friends because everybody told them they looked alike all the time.

"yeah, i can't wait." i replied, not even sounding convincing whatsoever.

"you sound about as excited for that date as i am for my period," she replied, her voice dry

"wait, you like getting your period? never met a girl who-"

"it was sarcasm," she replied with a laugh. "i can't believe you're getting a chance to go on a date with one of the hottest guys in school and you don't want to, might as well pass him to someone who wants him."

confusion clouded my eyes. "wait, you want him? i thought you were gay? what happened to danielle? did you try to put a spider up her pussy or some shit?"

"shut up, i ate a spider once," she put an emphasis on once, as if that shit was normal either way, "and no, i don't want him, but i know someone who would love to be in your shoes right now."

i was about to ask who she was talking about, but then the bell rang, signalling that it was time to change classes.

"talk to you later," i waved, before grabbing my books and beginning to travel to my locker.

as i walked through the halls, i soon felt myself being shoved to the ground from behind, sending me flying onto the floor.

"move outta my way you faggot ass nigga," i heard the familiar voice of one of my bullies.

i got off the floor as people laughed at the situation, my body aching from the fall. "tay, can you leave me alone today?"

he smacked his crusty ass lips. "nah, ain't no leave me alone." he shoved me again, not as hard as the second time, but enough to knock my books out of my hands again. "you don't need no damn books, your retarded ass can't even read that shit."

a bunch of people laughed at the scene as tay continued to harass me. this was a normal occurance for me. i got bullied constantly, for my sexuality and for the fact that apparently i'm "slow" and "retarded", which i'm not.

it never really went beyond calling me a faggot and pushing me around sometimes, which was still annoying.

they also made sure to do it while i was alone, because they knew that jahseh doesn't play that shit and he would beat the fuck out of a nigga for me. i appreciated it, because he was a real ass friend, but i also felt pathetic that i needed jahseh to fight my battles for me.

but what could i do but just take it? nothing. if i fought back, i'd get my ass beat.

at least i only had a couple more weeks left of school. sure, that'd mean dealing with omar's ogre built ass all day, but he was miles better than the bullies at school.