TWENTY FOUR

"this ain't a romcom nigga, i want you to destroy me."

omar

i took my last trip to the mcdonalds a few blocks away from my house today, because today was the day that i was quitting because of the fact that after this weekend, i would be moving on campus at U of F, 4 hours away, and i wouldn't be able to work here any longer. even if i was moving closer, my school schedule wouldn't allow me to work AND go to class.

i was lowkey glad to be quitting, because the money really wasn't all that for me to deal with rude ass customers all day. i almost got a sweet tea splashed my my face by an angry white soccer mom the other day who got mad because i gave her child a girls happy meal instead of a boys happy meal.

like it matters.

"must be nice to quit," jared groaned as i went to the break room to say my last goodbyes to my co workers, and the only ones who were on break right now were you guessed it, jared and michael.

michael rolled his eyes but he didn't say anything, he just snuggled up closer to jared, who had his arm around michael and played with his bright red dreads.

"i came in here to say i miss y'all, but you know what, never mind," i quipped. i wondered how michael could even put up with his sad ass all the time without wanting to strangle him.

"so y'all officially go together now huh? about time," i commented, noticing how openly affectionate they were being.

michael nodded, and jared responded by kissing his forehead. "yep, i finally found someone who took the dark cloud that was looming over my head and replaced it with sunshine. mikey is my sunshine."

as corny as that was, i fucking felt that.

 jared's speech about michael just made me think about gazzy and how much i was going to miss him once i left, because just like michael was his sunshine, gazzy was my sunshine. gazzy made me happy just by thinking about him, never mind seeing him. everything about him brightened my day. he's been through so much in his life, but yet he was still such a sweetheart, always trying to make people feel better when even he wasn't completely happy. even though he had one hell of a smart mouth, he had a heart of gold, and the fact that he was so sweet warmed my heart.

must be nice to not have to move 4 hours away from your boyfriend.

"so you going to the same college as jare's cousin huh?" michael asked me, "you better hope you don't get him as a roommate, i met him before and...let's just say the concept of showering doesn't exactly register to him."

the three of us bursted out laughing at that comment. whoever stokeley's roommate was was probably going to end up stabbing him in his sleep because they got fed up with his odor, although, stokeley isn't exactly a stranger of getting stabbed in his sleep. he is dating jahseh after all.

the three of us talked for a few more minutes before i got ready to go.

"alright, bye. we're going to miss you," michael waved me goodbye as i neared the door. "now come on jare, come help me find my wallet. i think i left it in my car."

i really wouldn't be surprised if i came back to visit to see that these niggas got fired for fucking on the job one day.

anyway after i left and came back home, i went back upstairs to my room, which was filled with boxes and bags of my clothes.