7-Sushi Stay

Izzy's POV

I've been at Shizuo's for 5 days. My phone surprisingly works still. Water didn't kill this thing. Yesterday Izaya told me 'coast is clear, we're good I'm glad you're still alive' and that was all. So I believe he heard about it and I responded 'but Jomi is dead.'

He had replied, 'Yeah I didn't think you'd die off so easy though. Nice to see my top informant is still alive. Just come up with a new alias. And make it quick.' Yeah right, since yesterday I've been laying in bed. For the first time in my four years... my alias self was killed. To bad for me we look the same. I'm not as bold as Izaya. I'm not strutting out looking the same so quickly.

I rolled onto my side. Ugh, why is it so easy for him. Chase... I'm sorry. You saw me shot. But luckily I didn't die, right? I'm sorry I forgot about it for so long. But that's all I've been able to think about these past few days.

There was a light knock on the door, "Izzy." I'm going to be kicked out. I responded, "Yeah." Shizuo opened the door, "Shinra says it's safe to remove the wrappings now." I nodded, "Ah o-okay." My shoulder one will be a bit of a pain. My calf will be easy. He smiled, "I'm glad you're staying for a bit. Do you want to do anything tomorrow?"

I shrugged, "Don't know. Why?" Shizuo smiled, "It's your birthday silly." I said, "O-oh. Um... sushi?" Shizuo smiled, "We can go to Simon's. I'll pay." I shook my head, "No it'll be..." He said, "Izzy, it's your birthday tomorrow. I'll pay for sushi." I looked down, "I'll leave after tomorrow. Sorry for bothering you for so long."

Shizuo walked over and sat on the bed, "You aren't a bother Izzy. I like having company. It's better than being all alone in a house." My lips twitched into a smile, "Ah. Well maybe the day after tomorrow then, like a weeks visit." Shizuo said, "Do you have somewhere safe to go?" Izaya's.

I thought about it, "Well one place. But that's enough." I grabbed out my phone, 'I guess Hana Somun.' Thankfully I could combine Simon and salmon kinda. A fitting name? Ah, who knows. When I hit send I didn't know what to think. Shizuo said, "Who you texting?" I said, "Just an employer." Shizuo ruffled my hair, "Well we'll go out for sushi tomorrow. Then I'll walk you to the new place." I shook my head no, "No, I'll have to take the bus."

Shizuo said, "Are you planning to move in with that flea?!" I felt myself try to shrink into the bed and it felt like my voice disappeared. I looked up at him and noticed him staring at me. He said, "Please don't. It's safe here right?"

------

I slipped into black leggings and a brown sweater. I sat on the bed and began tying up my black tennis shoes. Shizuo gently knocked, "Hey, ya ready Izzy? It's almost lunch time." I gently giggled, "Yeah sure. One sec."

I left my room and stared up at him. He was in his typical bartender outfit and had his glasses on. I said, "It looks like your going to fix me a cocktail." He said, "Well happy 22nd birthday Izzy." I gently smiled, "Thanks. Hey can I call you Shizuo?" He smiled, "I don't care. Whatever you want Izzy."

I called, "Alright Shizuo. I'll pack my bags tonight and leave tomorrow afternoon... But sure let's go eat sushi for now." He smiled, "Alright, then come on munchkin." I stood up and dusted at my thighs, "Come on, I'm not that short."

He walked out of the hall rolling his eyes, "Come on Izzy." I held a playful grin as I followed him out of the hallway, "Why'd you decide to take me out today?" He said, "I just wanted to take you out to eat for your birthday. I mean it only comes around once a year."

I gently nodded my head although he couldn't see it. Hmm that makes sense. I have to be ready to go soon though. I've been here to long. Then my face held a lacking and sad smile. Well better enjoy it now. I'll head off tomorrow. If Izaya finds out he'll probably say, "You fraud you were with Shizu-chan!" Or something like that.

-----
Shizuo's POV

I sat down in the booth as Izzy calmly slide into the side across from mine. Simon came over and said, "Ah Shizuo, your back again. Who's da girl?" He turned his head and stared at Izzy. I simply stated, "It's Izzy." He seemed to realize something. He said, "Miss, you ate here before? I seen you."

She gently nodded and smiled, "Yeah, but not often. I have to worry about my job." He smiled, "Well, hardworking ladies always welcome. But miss, uh, what your last name?" Her eyes darted around the room and her cheeks slightly flushed. Is she scared? She smiled, "Ah... Well I'd rather not say."

Simon shrugged his shoulders, "Okay so what will you to eat? The more you eat the better your body is." He held a big smile hoping we'd order a ton. She moved her lips from side to side internally debating. She said, "Um... I don't remember. But can you tell me what's on a 15 sushi sampler tray?"

Simon smiled, "Oh that tray. 3 are seasonal so I'm not sure. But there is a one roll slice of many. All are rice included. There's fatty tuna over rice and salmon over rice. An eel roll which is eel and wasabi with rice and seaweed wrap. Um... there is chicken roll. Chiken with sweet and sour sauce over rice. A  plum roll wrapped in seaweed. A wasabi roll... um.... miss?"

Izzy gently smiled, "A slice of each?" He said, "Ah, slice. Slice not whole roll, just one piece of roll." She smiled, "Is that the 6 sushi sampler tray listed on here?" He said, "Yes, that it." She said, "I'll have a 6 sampler tray. Thanks for telling me Simon." He turned to me, "Ah, um... the same please." He said, "And your drinks?" We said, "Sake." He said, "Bottle to share?" I smiled, "Sure."

He returned with the bottle and two glasses and sat them on the table. He then headed back to the kitchen. Izzy said, "Shizuo you know it didn't have to be a whole bottle." I said, "Live a little Izzy." I poured her glass then sat the bottle back on the table. She smiled picking it up and pouring mine, "I do live, all the time."

We picked up our glasses and slowly began to drink. She said, "Ah my phone vibrated." She pulled it out and held it near her chest. She said, "I have to take a call. It's my employer. I'll go to the bathroom then be back." Why's her employer calling her on her birthday? Well self obvious, probably to tell her happy birthday.

I noticed her go into the bathroom and close the door. Ah, Izzy. Simon came out and placed down our food. He said, "Where's da lady?" I said, "Bathroom."

Izzy's POV

I picked up, "So?" He said, "Happy birthday Izzy. It's October 6th. How's it been since your house?" I said, "It's okay. I've stayed at a friend's." He cooed, "A friend? It's been a while since I heard you talk about any." Yeah. And my new friend might be Hewajima Shizuo but you don't have to know that. I said, "I know."

He said, "So did they steal anything from Jomi?" I rolled my eyes, "My laptop. But I swiped it a week ago. So it would've only had their hit list on it." He said, "Nice, nice." I said, "Also did my phone while walking with footsteps behind me." He said, "So when will Hana Somun be ready?" I giggled, "Tomorrow. I'll also be going to your town tomorrow."

He whined, "But Ikebukero..." I said, "It's not permanent. Maybe a month or two. Don't worry." He said, "Good." then hung up. I sighed and stared at myself in the mirror. Could I just be Izzy? Then I brushed the thought out of my head. No Hana will be better.