13-The Nightmare

Izaya's POV

I hung up the phone, "Reyo..." He's an easy pawn. But he let Izzy, ahem Hana, slip away the day before yesterday. I should have known it'd take more to keep her trapped than him. Izzy, Izzy, Izzy... He was supposed to keep you trapped till I could snatch you myself.

Shinra's POV

I stared at Shizuo who had fallen asleep in the chair beside Izzy's bed. He begged me not to tell Izaya. So I'll wait till she recovers. I have a sinking suspicion that Izaya was the cause of this. Considering recently he almost got Shizuo to kill her while hurling vending machines at him.

Izzy is barely stable. Needing blood, oxygen and fluids. But she is still there. I did a test and she is not brain dead. Which I'm surprised considering the damage that she did. I gently touched her hair, "Izzy..." Izaya does care about you even if his ways are wrong. Shizuo... he just clearly loves you.

Celty came in and typed, 'why does she always do this?' I sighed, "I wish she wasn't Celty. Yet she's been this way for years." Celty typed, 'what could be done to change her?' I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. Maybe therapy?"

-----
Shizuo's POV

I woke up and stared down at Izzy. I signed and gently moved around her dark red hair. I noticed her nose barely twitching, "Izzy... Izzy. I'm right here. You're a little bit okay Izzy. You're still alive and you're getting medical help. Izzy..."

I sighed staring at her sleeping form. She's still asleep. When will she wake up? Well at least Shinra already saved her. Izzy... I-I love you... I stood up and went to the door. I opened it yet turned around and stared at Izzy. Then I lowered my head and left gently closing the door behind me.

Izaya's POV

I stared down at my files. She shouldn't be that invisible. I know so much about her! I sighed and flipped through the pages. I'm the reason she's been alive so long. She would've died in high school if I didn't save her. In the end she had always been the one at my side. That is until recently... Why did she do it?! I ran a hand through my hair making it be even more scattered.

I stared at the picture of her with red hair, "Izzy, why'd you become a traitor?" I stared at the pages scattered on my desk. Did she run away from Ikebukero? Maybe. That'd make me happy. That'd mean neither of us would see the other or have to worry about one another. I burst out laughing, "But is it right?" I shook my head slowly starting at the papers.

-----
Shizuo's POV

I stared at Izzy. I gently touched her cheek. It felt slightly warmer than the day before. A smile ended up on my face. You're warm Izzy. I sat down beside her in the chair. I gently sighed, "Izzy you're adorable. Hey you know I care about you right? Izaya isn't around. He did this to you didn't he? Did that flea lead you to this?!"

I stood up in anger then started taking deep breaths and sat back down. I said, "Izzy the point is... I'm glad you're here. I want to be around when you get better to. So continually keep staying while trying to find a new place. But let's make sure you never find it. Cause... I want you around. Let me cook more for you. I'll make the money so you don't have to worry. You won't have to deal with the gangs. Just please... Izzy, please don't leave me."

I stared at the monitors and IVs. Maybe she can hear me... But maybe she can't. Then why do I talk to her? Shinra might think I'm going crazy. Which with a person like me that's bad. Just as bad as... me loving her. She's little and fragile. If I get any bit of a temper around her... I don't want to know what'd happen.

I sighed, I shouldn't say anything to her. In the end it'd probably only lead to more trouble. She's beautiful and smart and I just... I want her. She's so... Eh?! What am I thinking?! It's Izzy, my roommate, it's just Izzy. But her being out like this is a nightmare. When will she wake up. I said, "Hey Izzy... Wake up soon okay? For me..."

I grabbed her hand as gently as I could, "please for me?" I looked at her calm face. Why couldn't this all be some terrible nightmare? I want you here. I released her hand, "You'll be around, right?"