8-I Hate You

Izzy's POV

I walked out of the bathroom and back to the booth. I noticed our trays sitting on the table both untouched. He waited for me. Shizuo said, "That took a bit." I said, "Yeah they wished me happy birthday. Then asked me how I was recovering and when I'd be back. I'll transfer tomorrow." Shizuo said, "Transfer?" I nodded, "Yeah."

I picked up my chopsticks and he did the same. I said, "So which do you recommend?" He said, "I like the wasabi. But I think the plum will be interesting." I picked up the plum one. He then followed. I grinned then we both put it in our mouths at the same time. He shrugged his shoulders while I playfully rolled my eyes.

He said, "Its okay I guess." I said, "Yeah, but it's an experience." I noticed his cup empty and he refilled it. He nodded his head in thanks. I said, "Alright, eel." He shook his head but picked it up. We got them and ate them. I said, "Wasabi and eel.... Um.... not great."

He said, "Ehh. Not the best but still good." I looked at him in fake shock, "Wow. Well hmm... the chicken?" He stared at his and picked it up. I lifted mine and we munched down. I tilted my head side to side. I said, "Alright, that was nice." He shrugged his shoulders, "Little spicy, oh well."

I said, "fatty tuna." We ate and both shared a content look but no real emotion to it. I said, "Now it's down to our favorites." He said, "So your's is salmon?" I nodded. We both ate the others favorite then our own. He said, "Its nice. But I definitely prefer wasabi." I said, "I feel the exact same." We stared at each other then both giggled a little bit.

I noticed someone beside me. Their long black hair reaching their knees. Soon enough I looked up to see a lady staring down at me. He form was skinny which her gray long sleeve shown by clinging to her body. Her green eyes piercing mine. I then realized it, "M-Miryu?"

She stared at me with hate and anger but calmly stated, "So you're replacing Chase?!" I said, "No, Miryu. This is my frie..." She cut in, "Friend? To you? He needs to run for the hills." Shizuo said, "Hey, don't talk to her like that." Miryu then turned her attention to Shizuo.

Shizuo's POV

I stared at the black haired girl apparently named Miryu. Her eyes changed from the cold glare she had on Izzy to a worried expression, "You don't really know her do you?" I do. I said, "Of course I do." Miryu said, "You must not. You shouldn't be seen with her." Izzy is so sweet though. Izzy said, "Miryu stop it. Please." The girl looked at Izzy then turned to me.

She seemed conflicted. Then she said, "Sir, just run from her. She's the reason another guy is dead." Dead?! Izzy's eyes seemed glossy, "Miryu. That's not..." She turned back to Izzy and glared at her, "I hate you. We used to be best friends. You're the reason that Chase is dead now. He took the bullets meant for you. I hate you." Someone blocked her from getting shot?

Then the black haired girl left the restaurant. Izzy covered her eyes with one hand and tugged on her hair with the other. She quietly mumbled, "Chase..." I said, "Izzy. I'll pay then let's go." She made no motion to move. I said, "Izzy?" I heard her soft sniffling and decided to let her have the silence.

-----

I knocked on the bathroom door. I heard, "In the shower." I sighed. She left after getting home and was gone for three hours. As soon as she gets back she goes to the bathroom and won't even look at me. Is it because of what that girl Miryu said? I took out a cigarette and put it in my mouth. I lit it then stared at the door. Maybe I should just leave her alone.

I said, "Izzy?" She called out, "Yeah?" I said, "Are you okay?" Then the response was, "Yeah. I'm taking a shower." I took it out and let out a big puff of smoke. I said, "You sure?" She said, "Of course. It's my body."

-----

I sat out pancakes on the table while still having a cigarette in my mouth. Izzy walked into the room with the duffle bag on. She took the strap off her shoulder the sat it down at the door. She came over while I still stared in awe at her now dark red hair. She said, "Um... Shizuo?"

I said, "You-You dyed your hair." She grinned, "Yeah, I have to move forward. Thanks for letting me stay for a week." I said, "You can still stay if you want." She shook her head no, "I can't. I have to work." I said, "Alright. But, visit me?" She smiled warily, "When I get the time." We sat down and ate breakfast in silence.

I walked her to the bus stop, "Izzy..." She looked up at me, "Hmm?" I smiled gently with some sadness. Say something. I ruffled her hair, "You're always welcome at my place munchkin." She smiled, "Thanks, but I'm not a munchkin." She turned around and got onto the bus.

Soon enough the doors closed and I watched it take off down the street. I waved gently. Then dropped my hand, "Izzy..... I think I'm stupid."

-----

I sat on a bench beside Celty. I said, "Celty can I tell you something?" She typed then showed me, 'Sure what is it?' I sighed, "I think I feel in love..." She typed, 'That's great! Who is it??' I said, "Her names Izzy. Orihara, Izzy." Celty furiously typed, 'You know that's Izaya's sister right?!'

I nodded my head, "Yeah. But she isn't really like him." Celty punched in, 'Shizuo you should be cautious around her.' I said, "Why? She stayed at my house for a week. She's no trouble." Celty typed, 'She's an information broker. She could sell the information about where you live.' She's an information broker?!

I sighed, "Well that may be. But that's not like her. She's sweet. Much better than that flea." Celty held her phone right in front of my eyes, 'They're siblings. But yeah Izzy is different. I just don't want them to play you.' I said, "I know. But Izzy... She's special to me Celty."