10-Memories

Izzy's POV

I got off the bus to see Shizuo smiling. He started walking while his head hung lazily, "So you came back? How long this time?" I readjusted my duffel bag, "I don't know." He smiled, "Well I'm glad you'll be here." I gently grinned, "Alright."

-----

I laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling. How long has it been since Izaya was mad at me? Has he ever really been?

--memory--

Izaya came up to me with his hair down lightly damp. He had on black button up pajamas. He was barely taller than me. He was 7 and just about to be in 2nd grade. I was 5 and just about to be in kindergarten. He patted my dark brown hair.

He smiled, "It's okay. I'm always here. In school I'm just down the hall. Just like right now when we go to sleep." I said, "B-but what about mom and dad? T-the house?" He rubbed my head, "It'll still be here after school when we get home tomorrow. Don't worry Izzy." I smiled, "Alright Izaya. I'll trust you."

---end memory---

Why'd I remember that? That was the last night before elementary school. I was trying to remember him mad. Not as a cute kid.

---memory---

Izaya gently packed me into my room. My room had black walls and a dark blue bedspread. He gently laid me onto the bed. He pushed my hair hair out of my face. He said, "You're 16 you don't need to die." I said, "Izaya! I can't handle it!" He said, "Izzy... It's okay. I'll get back at those bullies for you. Trust me." Izaya lightly touched my stomach, "And leave these stitches alone or you'll be in trouble, with me."

---end memory---

I rolled over in bed. Enough. He wouldn't even hear me out. He thinks I'm a traitor. But wait... his traitors... die. So what am I supposed to do? I need to leave here first. I stood up grabbing my duffel bag and heading out of the house.

--2hrs later--

My phone started vibrating. I signed and hit the end button again. I've got to hang low for a while. A decade? No, no, no... Knowing Izaya it's probably more like till he's dead. Gosh so now Izzy and Hana are dead! Why do I ever go through the trouble? And now I've got dark red hair.

I aimlessly wandered the streets constantly shutting down anyone who tried to call me in the mean time. My eyes wavered from area to area. Gangs, bikers and drunks loitered the streets. Civilians kept their brisk pace rushing somewhere. Here I was walking in the middle. Where do I even belong anymore?

I saw people start to disappear and scatter from around me. Then I looked up and noticed the large vending machine. My eyes widened but my body automatically dodged it. I laid on my right side in a little pain from hitting the concrete.

Then I heard the infamous yell, "IIIIzzzzaaaaayyyyaaaa!" I automatically got back to my feet with the ache of pain. I placed my hands in my jacket pockets grabbing my pocket knives. Then I saw him running towards me with a smirk. Uh oh. I grabbed out one my trusty solid black and pointed it at him. He rolled his eyes as I noticed Shizuo grabbing a vending machine again.

He got near me and said, "Traitor." Then continued to run past me. My eyes once again widened at the vending machine. I dropped to my knees and fell to my left side. It flew less than half a foot above me. The pain of the straight up drops started getting to me. My body started lightly shaking. Why am I so weak?

I heard someone running over. I rolled onto my back my face wincing in pain. He stared at me with his brown eyes, "Izzy?!" I stared at him not saying a word. I noticed his glasses tucked into his vest. I said, "Y-y-yeah?" He held a weary look, "Izzy, are you okay?" I shook my head, "N-no."

Izaya's POV

I stared down from the second floor window. I was going to let Izzy off after threatening her and showing her what could happen. But it seems like the game just got more interesting. I still felt slightly bad staring down at her when she was weak. Then Shizuo gently scooped her up and carried her. So Shizu-chan probably has a crush on Izzy... This is very interesting.

--memory--

I opened my box to reveal my pocket knife. She grinned, "It's nice Izaya. I'm proud you can be who you want." I rubbed the back of my neck, "I'm not as sure Izzy." She giggled, "Come on, Izaya. You just joined high school. You were the role model in middle school. Now... Now you're the rebel. And I'm proud cause I'm pretty sure you're being what you want to be."

I ruffled her hair, "When'd you get so mature?" She swatted my hand away, "I've always been. But hey..." Her face dropped and turned gloomy. I said, "What is it?" She stared into my eyes with fear, "Izaya... Can you protect me? Will you at least stay by my side? Even if you're a rebel."

I smiled and held back a laugh, "Izzy I'm going to be strong. But not physically, I'll outsmart our opponents. It's like Chess, kinda. I'll be the king. And the side part I don't know yet. But Izzy, I'm here when you need me." She weakly smiled, "Thanks Izaya."

--end memory--

Why in the world am I thinking about that? Cause I almost had her die? Probably... she still is my tiny terror sister.