9-You Turned

Izzy's POV

I trudged out of the bus with my duffel bag. I went to the apartment complex. I met with the manager, "Hana, I've heard about you." I smiled, "Yeah. So what else needs to be done." She shook her hand, "Your friend showed me your birth certificate you let them borrow for this. It was nice pay too." Nice pay and birth certificate?

I said, "Oh. Well how much did it cover?" She said, "Oh your first three months of rent. But I heard from them that you move a lot so you'll probably move again after the three months." I smiled, "Yeah, that's true. My work keeps me busy. I'm always transferring." She smiled, "Well I'm glad to have you Hana."

She gave me a key and said, "211." I smiled and nodded taking off. I walked up the stairs and stared at the brown door. Of course Izaya had me move into his building. I went in and noticed cream walls and carpet. A brown couch, chair, and cabinets. The wood entertainment center holding a 18in flat screen. I nodded my head then noticed the wood table with 4 chairs.

I closed the door behind me and entered the hallway that only had two doors. I opened one to see a pale brown and white bathroom. It was fairly basic with a wooden medicine cabinet as well. I walked into the other room in the hall to see a bedroom. The bed was wood with cream bedding. It held two dressers and a nightstand as well but no closet.

I threw the duffel bag onto the bed. I grabbed out my phone as I also pooped down on the bed. I called Izaya which rang for a while. Then he picked up, "What's it Hana?" I said, "So you plan to send me back to Ikebukero in three months?" He laughed, "Come on. That's where all the fun is at."

I shook my head, "Fine, fine. And thanks for the apartment... it's very neutral." He said, "Yeah. So how have you been?" I sighed, "Just tired." He said, "Then sleep. I'll give you something to do tomorrow." I internally groaned knowing full well he meant it.

-----

I opened the door to my house tugging down on my black beanie. My black jacket zipped up and black jeans on. Close as I can get. Semi goth can be attractive to guys. I checked my phone. It's strange that I haven't been given work yet. Oh well, he's probably still asleep.

I went outside hearing leaves lightly crunch under my black combat boots. Today I had two pocket knives, black and red. Then a silver boot night in my left boot. Although I'm not left hand dominate. Cause, well, that'd be expected less. I sighed, "Why's it feel so different here?"

Then I shrugged my shoulders. It's not Ikebukero. It's not packed with fun characters. Not packed with checkers. I'm black and they're red. Red never seems to win, I do. I stared up at the orange and pink sky. But Shizuo is red. So maybe not all red is bad. Of course. That's because everyone's human including Izaya and Shizuo.

I let out a puff of air that came out white. Cold. At least in not in a dress in cold rain. Wait... How long has it been since I've been in my thoughts this much? I'm not... I'm not okay. Alright and...

I started to walk around the street watching the few men in suits walk around the streets. My eyes darted side to side not seeing gangs or prostitutes. Why live in a borish town? I'm used to the fun. The adrenaline... 

My phone vibrated and I immediately grabbed it. It read, 'Hey Hana come to my office. It's about time for a mission.' I felt strange but I knew better. Well I'd better go see what Izaya wants. I ran back to the hotel. My body immediately went to my room. My body moved on it's own taking the photo out of the frame.

I unzipped my right boot and gently had it move to halfway cylinder my leg. I then carefully rezipped my boot and headed up to Izaya's apartment. I knocked on the front door then entered. I nodded to Namie to which she nodded back. We always seem to have shared a mutual respect of one another.

Izaya's chair was turned to face the window, "So do you know why your here Izzy?" It's been a while since he said Izzy. I said, "Yeah, a new mission. What's it about?" He stated, "Oh well open the folder on my desk." I went over to his desk and picked up the folder. The chair didn't seem as alluring as normal so I remained standing.

I opened the folder to show pictures. 5 in total. One of me pouring Shizuo's sake. One of me looking down at my phone. One when me and Shizuo were eating the eel wasabi roll. One of Miryu staring at Shizuo only leaving a bare glimpse of me in the photo. And one of us leaving.

I looked up from the photos letting them scatter to the floor seeing Izaya sickly smirk at me. He tutted, "Izzy, Izzy, Izzy." I said, "Izaya. Now listen to me. It..." He burst out, "Izzy it's exactly what it looks like. It's you and Shizu-chan in the photos. It's clear as day!"

I said, "Izaya..." Izaya shouted, "You turned on me Izzy, now you're with my sworn enemy. You were my top informant! Now you're his toy, why are you so dumb and naive? How are we even siblings?" He stood up glaring directly into my eyes. I said, "Izaya you can't be serious. It's not anything to worry about. I was gathering info on him."

Izaya's eyes softened slightly but he still frowned. He said, "I don't care. You betrayed me. Just pack up and leave. Stay out of my life from now on. You should've been like Jomi, dead."

-----

I sat on a park bench, "Great. More family drama..." I let my head hang and a sigh escape, "Wasn't like there was enough already." What am I supposed to do now? He was my top employer? I guess I'll have to become a gangs pawn instead of his...

I stared at my phone, "What to do?" I stared to type in numbers. Then erase and do it again. All I have left is my sisters and my only friend. I guess I could beg for another night at his place. Umm... well I really need to figure out something before Izaya gets a gang after me. If he hasn't already.

Shizuo's POV

I said, "Shinra please." I sighed, "You know that's private information Shizuo. And I don't know anyway." I said, "I just need her number." Celty came in the door and stared at us. Then she typed, 'What's wrong?' I stated, "I'm a fool and never got Izzy's number." Shinra stated, "So? Don't come to me for it."

Celty typed, '***-***-***3 is one of the only speed dials on Izaya's phone.' I quickly typed in the number. It picked up but was silent. I smiled slightly, "Izzy?" I heard a lady say, "What do you want?" I said, "Um I'm trying to call Izzy, sorry." She said, "Wait, Izzy. You call her that. Well here I'll be nice. It's ***-***-***7. Now that's it. Bye."

Then the phone hung up and made the beeping noise. I typed in the number while holding a confused look. After I heard, "Hi." I immediately knew it was Izzy. I said, "Izzy!" I put my hand on the receiver, "Thanks so much Celty. You're an angel." Izzy said, "Shi-Shizuo?"

I said, "Yeah. So Izzy... um... want to spend the week again." She giggled slightly, "Sure. I'll catch the next bus. Meet you there."